From Senior Pastor David Vaughan
Since becoming senior pastor here 14 years ago, the overwhelming passion of my heart and this ministry has been to reach lost people and help them get equipped to serve in their area of passion. The dynamic growth of this local church shows that this dream
is coming true. Our new Director/Minister of Outreach and Equipping will work closely with me to see the areas of outreach and equipping reach full redemptive potential. We are looking for someone who will work, lead, and love hard. With the opening of our
new phase 2 addition, our church is poised to enter its greatest season of spiritual and numerical growth ever. I can't say it will be easy, but when in the Bible did God ever give anyone an easy assignment?! Perhaps you are just the person shaped and called
by God to join our excellent team. If so, we look forward to talking more with you.
Whitewater Crossing Christian Church has a long history. The church began as the Westwood-Cheviot Church of Christ in January, 1915 when a group of 23 people met to establish a Bible School to be conducted on Sunday afternoons.
In 2003, after a long search, the church was led to an available 74 acre piece of land on Route 128 in Whitewater Township. Through two capital campaigns and prudent debt, the church purchased the land and built a 45,000 square building for approximately
7 million dollars. The name of the church changed in 2004 during the re-location process to Whitewater Crossing Christian Church. The church held a Grand Opening of their new building on the first Sunday of December, 2007 with over 1,000 people in
attendance. Now averaging over 1,800 each weekend, Whitewater looks forward to seeing what God has in store.
The growth of Whitewater has led to the parking lot being expanded twice and adding worship services. Whitewater is now a regional church drawing people from the westside of Cincinnati, southeastern Indiana and northern Kentucky. Currently, Whitewater
is nearing the end of the first segment of a Phase 2 expansion project: increasing existing space to 94,555
square feet which includes a new adult worship space for at least 1,200 in one service, a larger kids/students worship and classroom space for up to 446 at one service, a larger gathering & cafe’ space for better flow and personal connections, additional
adult meeting space for up to 340 adults for small groups and classes, plus office space, ministry storage space, and adequate parking.
Whitewater remains historically connected to the Restoration Movement and the ideal of Christian unity based on the Word of God for the evangelization of the world. After all these years, our mission remains the same “to help people find hope in Jesus
Christ and a home in His local church.”
Purpose of the Job
The goal of this position is to:
- develop an equipping culture that recruits, trains, and deploys people to grow through serving opportunities,
- synchronize ministry outreach projects, activities, and events,
- build a culture for staff and leaders to recognize the interdependence between age-grouped ministries
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Builds and leads an Equipping Team in order to allow every believer and attendee an opportunity for training and serving in order to grow in Christ as they minister through their gifts
- Develops and refines systems to link volunteers to serving opportunities
- Engages and directs ministries to develop job descriptions, training opportunities, and evaluation processes
- Collaborates with Communication Team and Ministry Leaders to identify and promote serving opportunities
- Organizes and executes annual iServe Summit
- Builds and equips an Outreach Team with members representing various ministry areas
- Delegates and deploys Outreach Team members to actively collaborate and coordinate with specific ministries initiating outreach
- Identifies and strategically schedules all outreach projects, activities, and events by narrowing the focus and diminishing competing programming or needs
- Participates in defining objectives, setting short and long term goals, and evaluation
- Conducts baptisms, participates in hospital visitation, shepherding, and counseling activities as directed
- Participates in Leadership Community
- Provides progress reports to the Senior Minister and other appropriate leaders
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Minister
- Leadership: Motivate, coordinate and collaborate with staff and volunteer teams.
- Communication: Regularly communicate with staff and work with ministry leaders to make sure the job gets done with excellence in a timely and cooperative manner; being able to clearly explain what needs to be done is necessary.
- Interpersonal: Utilizing soft skills to interact effectively with coworkers and customers, and build relational equity.
- Technical: Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within all relevant fields.
- Analytical: Review and consider various information and make decisions based on needs and budget concerns.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Be committed to the values of Whitewater and the mission of helping people find hope in Jesus Christ and a home in His local church.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Proven team-building experience
- Flexible with hours when needed (could work from home some)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Acceptable Background Check
- Whitewater Crossing Member
- Continue to develop personal character, competence and team chemistry as a Christ-like leader
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Spiritual Gifts
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume to: