Village Church is a dynamic and healthy church of approximately 900 people. The church is located in Dyer, Indiana -- a semi-rural community that is now considered a suburb of Chicago.
Village Church has a two-fold mission of Helping People Find Their Way Back to God and Bringing Them to Maturity in Christ. This mission statement defines our sense of kingdom purpose that God has given us.
Village Church is fully committed to helping people become fully devoted followers of Jesus through the process of discipleship. Whether through our Celebration services, small groups, Bible studies, Life Groups, or other forms of relational connections, our goal is to help every believer “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18).
The Discipleship Ministries Pastor (DMP) is directly responsible for overseeing all aspects of our discipleship and spiritual growth ministries at Village Church. He will generally oversee all current discipleship groups and he will work with various ministry leaders to develop, oversee, and assist in establishing new spiritual formation ministries at Village Church.
General Expectations for the Discipleship Ministries Pastor:
- The DMP must have a healthy, mature and growing relationship with God and be a committed follower of Jesus Christ. He must be a man of Christlike character and whose life reflects the filling of the Holy Spirit.
- As part of the pastoral ministry team, the DMP will work under the direct leadership of the Senior Pastor.
- The DMP must have theological, philosophical and relational compatibility with Village Church.
- The DMP must agree with the Leadership structure of Village Church as defined in the Constitution and By-Laws of Village Church.
- DMP must be willing to see himself in a Team Ministry, which may mean fulfilling duties not normally associated with Discipleship as needed and directed by the leadership of Village Church.
- The DMP must have both the spiritual and relational warmth that reflects the heart of Christ for others and draws people to himself as a spiritual leader in their lives.
- The DMP must be a creative and visionary leader who can help us continue developing new opportunities of spiritual growth at Village Church.
Overall Responsibilities of the Discipleship Ministries Pastor:
- Develop, lead and coordinate new Discipleship leaders for Discipleship Ministries (Bible Studies, Life Groups, Small Groups, Spanish Ministry, etc.)
- Oversee, recruit or coordinate the small group ministry at VillageChurch.
- Oversee, help recruit or coordinate men’s and women’s Bible Studies
- Oversee, help recruit or coordinate Life Group ministries (College & Career, Newly Married, Young Family, Seniors, etc)
- Speak at weekend celebration services or other services (including funerals, etc) as asked by the Senior Pastor or Elder Board
- Oversee and work with the weekend Hispanic ministry and Small Group
- Develop new discipleship ministries
- Either holds an MA degree in a Biblical Studies field or is currently working on such a degree that can be completed while employed.
- 5 years experience in Discipleship-related Ministries
- Has the personal and professional skills (initiative, creativity, personal warmth, organization, biblical literacy, current trends of discipleship, awareness of materials for mentoring, etc) required to accomplish the task of overseeing this ministry.
- Understands how to work with other ministries of the church to accomplish the overall mission and vision of our calling.
- Bi-Lingual (English-Spanish) is preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Village Church is a dynamic and healthy church of approximately 900 people. The church is located in Dyer, Indiana, a semi-rural community that is now considered a suburb of Chicago. Village Church’s 140 years have been lived out in three separate stages of location and ministry. Our current ministry period began in February 2008 with our move from South Holland, Illinois to Dyer, Indiana.
We have a two-fold mission of Helping More...