Vineyard Cincinnati is prayerfully looking for a full-time Director of worship who has demonstrated experience with various worship genres and can create a multi-ethnic worship environment from a "Mega Church" main stage.
It's all about God! We are seeking a Worship Director with a shepherd's heart. This person must be ready willing and able to attract,develop and mentor other worship leaders/musicians as required to meet the needs of the church and all the various ministry
The right candidate should have experience with planning center, in ear monitors and be familiar with Backing tracks.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Leads the weekend worship service for the main stage. Prepares music and lead sheets, produces arrangements and communicates worship sets and plans so that volunteers are organized and work effectively together.
- With the exception of the supporting Worship leader role all musicians comprising the weekend bands at VC will be volunteers, with occasional hiring of professional musicians for special occasions. The Worship Director is responsible for regular and ongoing
recruiting, auditioning, scheduling and training of volunteer musicians. The Worship Director is responsible for maintaining an adequate team of volunteers with appropriate skills in order to provide a quality worship experience every weekend, ensuring the
bands are well-prepared and demonstrate an onstage demeanor which is appropriately energetic and engaging.
- Responsible for approving all weekend worship sets, regardless of who is leading, prior to sets being submitted for discussion and final approval by the Weekend Planning Team. Any proposed new songs are to be vetted by this team as well before being used
on a weekend.
- Responsible for ensuring all sets, arrangements, and song structures are clearly communicated to volunteer bands and appropriate members of the Celebrations Team in advance of the midweek rehearsal (currently Thursday night). Communication with volunteers
must happen far enough in advance of the rehearsal to allow for a well-prepared rehearsal, which is critical for high quality execution on the weekend.
- Manages software for worship, arranges for repairs and maintenance of musical equipment, purchases new equipment, and maintains licenses for various worship-related activities such as Planning Center Online, Christian Copyright Licensing (CCLI), Song Select,
etc. Organizes an effective system for securing and maintaining weekend worship equipment and the on-site recording studio.
- Acts as a liaison to support worship and foster the dissemination of Vineyard Cincinnati worship values with other ministries such as our Sites, Children’s Ministry, LaVina, Women’s Community, etc. Occasionally supplies direct worship support for larger
events hosted or led by those ministries. Serves on the Ministry Leaders Team.
- The Worship Director is responsible for working collaboratively and effectively within a team environment, helping to create an atmosphere of open and honest communication to build healthy working relationships in which mutual respect, trust, and a commitment
to Christian love for one another are paramount. Weekend worship itself at Vineyard Cincinnati is part of a larger team and functions within the larger framework of the overall weekend service which is under the authority and responsibility of the Weekend
Producer, who in turn is responsible for carrying out the vision and direction of the Senior Pastor for weekend services.
- Provide direct support and supervision for designated direct reports including establishing goals, objectives, and completing annual performance reviews. Notify Human Resources promptly regarding employee relation issues or concerns, maintains proper documentation,
and works in partnership with HR to ensure effective resolution of these issues and concerns.
Level of Education Area of Study
Bachelor’s Degree Music
- 5-10 years experience leading worship in a large church environment. (min. 2500 in average weekly attendance).
- Proven ability to arrange worship songs/music for contemporary bands and worship environments
- Strong understanding of music theory
- Familiarity with Spanish as a second language
Core Competencies/Essential Qualities:
- Commitment to mission and vision of Vineyard Cincinnati (VC): supports VC through actions, participation, and communicated focused on the mission and vision of VC, good steward of resources, active Shareholder; embraces outward-focused
- Servanthood: dedicated to demonstrating a heart to serve others, treating others with dignity and respect.
- Relational Skills: ability to relate well with all types of people, attentive and active listener; patience to hear others out and build rapport with dignity and tact; ability to effectively manage change and support and promote acceptance;
encouraging, motivating, clear and effective communicator.
- Approach/Conflict Management: reflects integrity, honesty, and authenticity and models biblical principles; responds properly when faced with conflict and challenges and applies Matthew 18 principles appropriately.
- Volunteer Development/Involvement: continually seeks opportunities for volunteer involvement within area of responsibility and supports and encourages their spiritual development; effectively delegates, trains, and motivates.
- Time Management/Prioritization: ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven, multi-priority environment; exhibits consistent usage of effective time management skills and appropriate resource management; communicates interferences
and delays to supervisor.
- Informing: provides others with timely and organized information; provides clear directions, shares responsibility and accountability; includes and consults with proper ministry areas as needed.
- Quality of Work: provides accurate results that are thought-out, complete; exhibits high standard for excellence, attention to detail; relays information that is sufficiently detailed and provides desired effect from customer.
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking Skills: ability to use logical methods to solve problems while producing effective solutions; probes all appropriate resources for solutions; takes initiative to identify and improve systems and processes.
- Vision Casting/Leadership: ability to guide staff toward clear ministry expectations, communicates vision effectively; ensures that direct reports understand ministry-specific goals; able to maintain direct report’s ability in leadership
- Strategic Agility: sees ahead clearly and can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; broad knowledge and perspective; future oriented.
- Staff Development: provides effective guidance and feedback to direct reports; aligns opportunities for growth and provides assignments that stretch and challenge; conducts performance assessment and development plan discussions in a timely
manner and effectively measures performance expectations; works effectively in conjunction with HR to address performance issues in a timely manner and develop solutions for improvement.
- Decisiveness: gathers information, analyzes problems, develops solutions, and organizes action while exercising good judgment; gathers input as needed and demonstrates understanding of when to seek advice in decision-making; communicates
decisions to appropriate individuals.
- System Management: ability to design processes and systems that permit effective ministry; allows staff to operate independently as appropriate; respects the systems and process of other ministry areas.
Minimum level of education required to perform the responsibilities of this position.
Indicate the minimum level of experience (in years) required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
Describe meaningful and specific knowledge, skills, and abilities; list any special courses, certifications required.