Job Description -- Senior Pastor
East Chain Evangelical Free Church
The Senior Pastor shall know Christ as his personal Savior and be living an exemplary life in accordance with scriptural guidelines for church leaders. He will be sound in his faith and doctrine and qualified to preach and teach the Word of God as led by the Holy Spirit.
The Senior Pastor is hired by the congregation. The Pastor and the Deacon Board, led by the Holy Spirit are together responsible for the spiritual direction of the church. The Pastor shall proclaim and model a life of prayer, love, and care for the congregation. He shall lead the church in winning the lost and discipling the believers.
Some of the duties of the senior Pastor will include:
- Plan and preach at scheduled worship services and provide information to the people involved and the person who prepares the Sunday bulletin.
- Plan and lead an adult weekly prayer meeting and Bible study.
- Participate in a small group.
- Serve communion at least four times per year with the help of the Deacon Board.
- Be available for weddings, funerals, baby dedications, baptisms, counseling as needed by the congregation, and other church sponsored activities.
- Supervise the main office of the church, maintain office hours. Visit members of the congregation and visitors (some of these duties may be shared with the Pastoral staff).
- Lead pastoral staff and hold regular staff meetings.
- Meet at least monthly with the Deacon Board.
- Conduct or oversee the Bible Instruction Class (confirmation) at least once every other year, and membership classes as needed.
- Together with Deacon Board, conduct regular (at least annually) evaluation on status and progress of their shared responsibilities.
- Be active within the community as the Holy Spirit leads.
- Other duties as developed with leadership.
- The Senior Pastor is an ex-officio member of all church committees, except a Senior Pastor search committee.
The East Chain Evangelical Free Church believes and acknowledges the Word of God, both the Old and the New Testaments, to be the only infallible rule and guide for the Christian’s faith, doctrine and life. The purpose of this Church will be, in harmony with the word of God, to labor for the salvation of souls, the edification of the saints and growth in the Grace of God.
Sunday Morning Service
- Blended worship service
- Worship band
- Church choir
- Coffeehouse for overflow
- Weekly special music- instrumental and vocal
- Sunday School for all ages
- Children’s church during the sermon- ages 3 through 5th grade
- Coffee, donuts, and fellowship prior to Sunday school
- Senior Pastor
- Youth Pastor and Youth Assistant
- Congregational Care Pastor
- Church Secretary
- Group study, discussion, prayer, and fellowship
- 7 groups involving about 60 people
- Wednesday night prayer meeting
- Young at Heart (senior adults) meets monthly
The Refuge (Youth Group)
- In touch with over 100 kids
- Average weekly attendance is 70 kids
- Once a quarter the youth leads the Sunday morning service
- Full time
- Short-term- Romania, Haiti, India, Africa
- Community food distribution program
- Held at the church the 4th Saturday of every month
- Over 440,000 lbs. of food given out in the past two years
- Average of 200 guests per month
- Requires about 60 volunteers (from our church and the community)
New Wednesday night kids program for 1st-5th grade
Vacation Bible School
- Held for a week in the summer
- 121 kids participated in 2016 - our largest!
- Requires about 50 adult and teen volunteers
Annual weekend events
- Family Fun Night
- Coffee and Crafting for women
- IF:Gathering for women
Martin County Fair
- Sponsor and run the Sunday worship service at the fair
Prayer Moms - dedicate time in prayer for members of our youth programs
Prayer Chain - for ongoing prayer needs inside the church body
These core values define who we are as a church and what our focus is.
Biblically-based - The Bible alone is our authority, foundational to our beliefs, mission, and vision.
Evangelism/Missions - As a body of believers, we are intentional about introducing people to Jesus at and abroad.
Community/Discipleship - Life transformation happens best when we get involved in small groups with other believers and strive to be obedient to Jesus’ teachings.
Worship - We strive to give God worship that honors Him, impacts who we are, what we do, and cultivates a Christ-centered environment.
Prayer - We draw upon God’s resources as we speak and listen to Him, becoming equipped by the Holy Spirit’s power to do the work He has set before us.
Serving - We desire to serve people in the name of Christ, thus making a difference in their lives and impacting them for the Kingdom.
Stewardship – We strive to give our time, spiritual gifts, resources, and finances to advance Christ’s kingdom.
The ministry of the East Chain Evangelical Free Church was established in 1889 on a rural Minnesota corner. The church has always been led by a Sr. Pastor. Since 1991 we have had a youth pastor and our current youth pastor has served three years. We added a congregational care pastor in 2014. His role is to assist with visitation and congregational contact. We feel our church is very healthy for the size of our community. In recent years we have seen many visitors at our church and many of these visitors now attend regularly or have become members. We have seen our average weekend attendance increase from approximately 140 to 190. Our church is made up of people from different church backgrounds, occupations, and age levels that come a radius of 40 miles.
We have always been very mission-oriented. In the church minutes of March 12, 1892, a gift of $10 for work in Africa is mentioned, and we continue to send several full-time missionaries from our congregation and support many others. In recent years a short-term mission fund has been established and we have sent short-term teams on many domestic and foreign trips. In 2001 four teams went to four countries on three different continents. We continue to send teams on a regular basis. Most recently we sent teams to Africa, India, Haiti, and Romania.
Youth ministry has been an area of great emphasis since the beginning of our church. The first “Young People’s Society” was formed in 1907 and today they are called “The Refuge.” Today teenagers fill the front pews of the church on Sunday mornings and the fellowship hall on Sunday nights. Since The Refuge has out grown the fellowship hall they will start meeting at the local school on Wednesday nights.
Growing Church Family – Our church defies the stereotypical “Country Church” where everything is status quo and the people in the church today are all the same people that were in the church years ago. We have a wonderful mix of seasoned and new members. This can really be seen in the way our church has attracted families with young children. Our most recent project was to expand and update the nursery in order to accommodate this growth.
Strong Church Family – One of the first things that visitors tell us they notice about our church is that we genuinely care for and love each other. The members and attenders of our church don’t just see each other on Sundays. They actually do life together through small groups, sporting events, and community events, etc.
Youth Ministry – Our Church believes in pouring time and resources into our kids and teenagers. The Refuge consists of a large number of teenagers whose families do not attend our church. We recognize the importance of reaching those families as well.
Heart for Missions – Our Church has a strong history of sending and supporting full-time missionaries as well as routine involvement in short term missions work.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Bethel Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Richland, Washington
- October 26
Senior Pastor - Rancho Bernardo Community Presbyterian Church - San Diego, CAAGORA Search Group
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- October 26
- Muskegon, Michigan
- October 26
Lead PastorGreater Portland Bible Church
- Portland, Oregon
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24