Pastor of Adult Discipleship & Small Groups
Riverwood Community Chapel
Riverwood Chapel is a church that values its team members and the love they have for Christ and advancing his kingdom in our world. We are a team that strives for excellence by building a one team environment and an actively engaged workforce that achieves extraordinary results. We do this by living our core values and our passion to be servant leaders in our church and our community.
Adult Small Group Discipleship: Plan and oversee the overall vision for Small group ministry that will holistically minister to Adults at Riverwood Chapel by
- Taking the lead of being passionate about our priority of “Growing Together” discipling groups to share life together centered on Christ and his Word.
- Provide mentoring, leadership and oversight of all areas of Discipleship & Small Group Ministry.
- Lead and provide strategic direction to the Small Group Ministry concept supplying oversight, an implementation plan, and monitoring all related budgets and sub-budgets.
- Create and develop new strategies related to Discipleship & Small Group Ministry. These strategies may include regional, community based fellowships as an intermediary step between worship service attendance and small group participation.
- Create strategic programs for adults to address issues of parenting their children of all ages. Provide resources to equip parents in these roles.
Adult Discipleship: Plan and oversee the overall vision for life groups, women’s ministries, men’s ministries.
- Preach on Sunday morning rotation with Lead Pastor up to 12 times per year.
- Teach in other large and small group settings (i.e. retreats, events, etc.) for all the ministries under your umbrella of responsibility.
Riverwood Staff Responsibilities:
- Attend staff meetings, pastoral staff meetings and staff prayer meetings as outlined by the Lead Pastor.
- Be available for worship service needs (lead prayer, serve communion, perform baptisms, etc.).
- Be available to counsel/listen to walk-ins with counseling concerns.
- Be available to visit congregation members in the hospital on a rotating schedule
- Take 24-hour care calls one week per month.
- Be present at every all-church event as outlined by the Lead Pastor.
- Communicate and work with other Riverwood staff members and boards as needed for both the overall effectiveness of personal ministry responsibilities and the overall Riverwood ministry and facility needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Attend 2020 core strategy meetings.
- Possesses a relentless desire to share Christ and see people come to saving faith.
- Maturity in both faith and practice.
- Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
- Able to lead and thrive in a team environment.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Able to shepherd and mentor others with wisdom and grace.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult GroupsPinelake Church
- Clinton, Mississippi
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Pastor of DiscipleshipMountain View Community Church
- Frederick, Maryland
- January 19
Discipleship PastorEngedi Church
- Holland, Michigan
- January 17