First Congregational Church is looking for its next worship director! We are a church that deeply values being Christ-centered, being a caring community, and having worship that engages all in our multi-generational congregation. Our blended worship style
incorporates both contemporary praise music and classic hymns. We are looking for a new worship director to help achieve worship that is inspirational, winsome, creative, and reverent. In addition, this position provides leadership for
either the choir or the youth ministry (not both), based on your gifts and interests. This is a part time position of approximately 15 hours per week.
- Plan a weekly blended worship service, using both contemporary praise songs and hymns.
- Prepare the music line-up for the weekly worship guide and communicate this with the church secretary and all musicians.
- Give musical leadership for praise songs during worship services by providing guitar, piano, or keyboard leadership along with vocal leadership and/or leading a team of musicians.
- In order to help craft a worshipful experience, provide any necessary spoken or musical transitions between songs during the worship service.
- Be available for any brief rehearsals that may be necessary for praise music leadership.
- Provide leadership for the Music and Prayer Team, which provides overall leadership for the creative design of worship services.
- Be available for advisement to and communication with the Worship Wow Team, which oversees technical production of worship services.
Youth Responsibilities Option:
- Work with the youth ministry deacon to plan two to three youth ministry events per month.
- Provide good communication to students and parents about youth ministry events.
- Be available for youth ministry leadership team meetings and most youth ministry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by youth ministry deacon.
- Possess general office and social media skills.
Choir Responsibilities Option:
- Prepare the choir to sing an anthem during the Sunday worship service (the choir does not sing during the summer).
- Provide choir anthems for special services as requested by the senior pastor.
- Conduct one rehearsal each week.
- Order music and supplies and oversee the choir budget.
- Help coordinate music soloists and groups throughout the year.
- Oversee the church’s music budget and order music and supplies.
Reporting: Although the overall supervision as an employee of the church is provided by the Board of Elders, the senior pastor provides weekly supervision to the worship director. An annual review will be conducted
by at least two members of the Board of Elders. The worship director should notify the senior pastor and the worship elder regarding any absence on Sunday morning. In case of last minute emergencies, the senior pastor should be notified as soon as possible.
Compensation: In addition to a salary (paid bi-weekly), a two-bedroom apartment adjacent to the church is provided for housing.
Please send your resume or inquiry to email@example.com