• Full-time position.
• Prospective youth pastor candidate must agree to a background and credit check.
• Position responsible for Middle School, High School and College/Young Adult areas of ministry.
• Work with ministry (volunteer) staff to develop and expand small groups in the defined area of ministry.
• Our objective is growth in these ministries, relational and leadership development and the sound teaching of biblical doctrine.
• Teach the Word effectively, with an emphasis on relevant application to daily living – and the issues that confront our youth.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Work in harmony with the Senior Pastor and the Elders.
• Report directly to the Senior Pastor.
• Committed to prayer.
• Effectively manage and interact with ministry (volunteer) staff in all areas of youth ministry.
• Meet the youth where they are - regularly and consistently visit the youth at their local school campuses, offer help/teaching with the Bible clubs, and arrange discipleship times with the youth outside of school and church.
• Develop and Initiate long and short term plans (teaching lessons, programs, and events) for all ministry areas.
• Define, develop, and implement spiritual goals for all areas of ministry.
• Availability to fill the pulpit on an “as needed” basis.
• Develope leadership and expand small groups in the defined area of ministry.
• Availability and flexibility in speaking with, and/or meeting with, individual youth as the need arises. (Counseling)
• Work effectively with the CFO, ministry staff, and Elders in developing, implementing, and maintaining annual budgets.
• Attendance and leadership at all scheduled church camp and mission trip functions.
• A personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Dedication to the consistent study God's Word
• Daily devotion to prayer
• The ability to effectively teach and communicate the Word with relevant application to daily living
• A shepherd's heart for people
• Acceptance and support of CBC's statement of faith, doctrine & policies
• Base salary + medical/health insurance benefits
• Two weeks paid vacation each year (cannot be rolled-over)
• Mileage allowance within appropriated budget
• Initial 90 day probationary period during which the Senior Pastor will work with and assess the performance of the Associate Youth Pastor. A review will be conducted with the Senior Pastor and the Elder Board at the completion of this 90 day period.