Director of Children’s Ministry Qualifications:
The ideal Director of Children’s Ministry is a mature, Holy Spirit led Christian consistently pursuing greater depth in his/her walk with Christ. This person has a calling to see the next generation know Christ and values the local church as God’s agent. He/she has a strong understanding of the importance of partnering with families in the growth and development of young people.
This individual is a person of integrity and his/her character, personal, and professional life is to be exemplified. He/she inspires people to love God and engage with the church community. People that know this person would describe him/her as calm, kind, disciplined, approachable, and fun!
The Director of Children’s Ministry values, respects, and can easily relate to people of all ages. He/she is confident in his/her abilities, but is also described as humble, teachable, and likable. This role involves coaching, training, equipping, encouraging, and managing volunteers of all ages, so the ideal candidate has had team leadership experience and proven success in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication.
The ideal candidate is an organized person and pays extreme attention to detail. This person has a proven track record of being reliable, and is strong in multi-tasking and prioritizing various projects. He/she is pedagogically sound and is confident in his/her skills to coach volunteers towards success in a variety of curriculums, strategies, and areas of ministry.
In addition, this self-motivated person is an innovative thinker and takes ownership of strategic planning. He/she will actively collaborate with fellow staff members in order to bring cohesion to the growth, development, and success of the church at large. This person is a team-player, exercising flexibility, understanding, and grace on a daily basis. The Director of Children’s Ministry values the success Christian Community Church has had in children’s ministry throughout the last 35 years, and is excited to see the new ways our church will fulfill God’s purposes in central Ohio and beyond!
The responsibilities of the Director of Children’s Ministry include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Engage, encourage, and care for kids and families.
- Recruit, equip, envision, and nurture multigenerational teams of volunteers for Sunday morning ministry, special events, and outreach.
- Envision and equip parents and volunteers towards a strategy of partnering together in order to impact the next generation (the “Orange” strategy)
- Coordinate with the Pastor of Outreach for intergenerational outreach opportunities and assimilating new families.
- Work with the Service Program Director and Student Pastor to develop a healthy transition from children’s ministry to youth ministry and on into adult ministry.
- Develop effective communication and resources for parents/care-takers and kids of all ages in order to provide for spiritual development at home.
- Plan and oversee an effective Vacation Bible School experience, including managing over 170 volunteers of all ages.
- Create and maintain engaging environments and programs that are age-appropriate, safe, inviting, and fun.
- Manage ministry budgets for Sunday morning ministry, special events, and outreach.
- Prepare curriculum and supplies for each area (babies through 5th grade) in order to facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Born again Christian and a member in good standing of a local church
- To be in agreement with the statement of faith and the vision of CCC
- To be an active member of CCC and involved in a Life Group
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Three years of successful leadership experience in children’s ministry
- Emotionally Intelligent – Possesses strong people skills and professionalism
- Proven, effective written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills
- Pedagogically Sound - familiar with and can prepare curriculum; train volunteers to succeed; values the “Orange” (or equivalent) strategy (church & home partnership)
- Administrative and organizational skills – extreme attention to detail, high value on follow-through and strength in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects
- Commitment to biblical standard of leadership, including tithing and confidentiality
- Technologically competent (i.e. Social Media, Web, Microsoft Office (or equivalent))
- Biblical studies degree, education degree or equivalent
- Prior experience with Orange curriculum (or equivalent)
- Prior experience collaborating with other ministries within church leadership
Position Reports To:
Lead Pastor with oversight from CCC Elder Board
What Sets Christian Community Church (CCC) Apart:
- CCC is a multi-generational church
- CCC is a family oriented church with many opportunities to volunteer and get plugged in
- CCC has passionate followers as exhibited by the dedication of volunteers and significant number of CCC members volunteering in CCC’s Children’s Ministry
- Founded over 35 years ago
- CCC is fiscally sound
- Located in Columbus, Ohio, CCC is family-friendly and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- CCC offers a very collaborative, team-orientated environment
- CCC offers generous benefits, including a retirement program and tuition reimbursement
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) is a major outreach for CCC in which nearly 200 members of CCC volunteer
Church Membership Says:
- CCC has an exceptional, nurturing children’s ministry program
- CCC provides for a very loving and accepting community
- Our congregation is very involved in the preparation and execution of VBS (Vacation Bible School)
- The pastors and staff at CCC are easy to approach and always available to sit down and talk or to help with larger concerns
- CCC provides new members the opportunity to get plugged into our Children’s Ministry program as well as to volunteer in a number of special events
- CCC provides relevant, biblically based teaching
- CCC provides the opportunity to be exposed to and participate in local and global ministries
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorMt. Olive UMC
- marion, Indiana
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorKempsville Presbyterian Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- January 16
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Children's DirectorGreater Mt Zion Baptist Church
- Austin, Texas
- January 13
Director of Family MinistriesMinistry Architects
- Shreveport, Louisiana
- January 13