HILLTOP COMMUNITY CHURCH
Hilltop Community Church is a non-denominational church that was founded in 1966 on a plot of land donated by Lake Havasu City. The mission of HCC is "to connect people with God, with others and with God's purpose for their life." HCC is a contemporary and progressive church with a paid staff worship leader and a full band. Because of our significant growth we hired a full-time children's/youth ministries leader this year. We have a fast-growing Celebrate Recovery event every week. Our attendance at our Worship Service is presently about 150 to 200 which is an increase of 26% since one year ago. We have a lot of enthusiasm and will be going to two worship services on November 6, 2016, and are anticipating a third worship service on Saturday evenings in the near future. We have over 60 volunteers who intentionally serve our community every month. We have about 70 people involved in Life Groups every week. HCC is an independent, non-denominational, evangelical church that is designed to reach non-churched people. We also have Hilltop Learning Center (ages 2 1/2 to pre-Kindergarten) that has increased in the last five years from 25 to 75 students with about 25 on a waiting list.
Purpose and Scope
This is a full-time leadership staff position that will provide vision, energy, oversight, and daily direction to all aspects of the church. You will be directly responsible to the Lead Pastor, and work under his direction. This will be a training position in the vision, culture, and ministry of HCC with the gradual taking on of more responsibilities until you replace the Lead Pastor, who is planning on retiring in the near future. We plan this to be a smooth and gradual transition. You will have the responsibility of overseeing and developing ministries that are transformative in the lives of families and support the mission of HCC. You shall be committed to building a community of loving relationships within families, both churched and unchurched and to engage in a Christian formation process. You are expected to be a team player committed to working cooperatively with other staff members and contributing to the growth and strength of the whole church including Hilltop Learning Center (preschool). This is a church that develops and maintains positive relationships within the staff and members.
Develop, coordinate and manage a comprehensive and expanding ministry for
HCC and their children and families by:
- Overseeing, implementing and articulating HCC's strategy and program structure by which this church can serve children, youth, families and seniors.
- Articulate HCC's vision to ministry staff and volunteers.
- Keep current with innovations in family-focused ministries. Be creative and willing to "work out of the box". To encourage all staff and volunteers to be creative in all aspects of the church and is not afraid to learn from failure and to adapt to new models. Do not be afraid of change, but implement it with sensitivity to all persons it affects.
- Keep up to date with new and innovative ideas to effectively evangelize the unchurched.
- Serve as an advocate for Jesus Christ before staff, congregation, and
- Create, develop and administer programming ideas that are fun and that help families, including children, youth and seniors experience
- Equip and partner with parents by sharing with them resources to
become actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and
discipleship of their families.
- Develop and direct outreach opportunities through the families into our community.
- Have a working knowledge of current technology or multimedia equipment and programs. Is conversant with the use of the computer and the internet.
- Be sure you are called to being an Assistant/Lead Pastor at HCC. This is not a job it is a calling of God for this ministry.
- Report directly to the Lead Pastor and to the Elders.
- Lead coordinators, teachers, resource personnel, and other volunteers in ministries.
- Facilitate an effective educational model to serve the families of Hilltop
and unchurched families.
- Provide/oversee teacher training and teacher/volunteer appreciation events.
- Be a liaison for the parents/students of the Learning Center.
- You are to lead by being an example of Jesus Christ both in your home, in the community and in the church.
- To manage the staff, under the direction of the Lead Pastor.
- You will only be part of the Elders as long as you are a Lead Pastor.
- You must be a creative, practical communicator who will participate in doing some messages at the worship service as directed by the Lead Pastor. This must be done with excellence. After the retirement of the Lead Pastor you will be totally responsible for these talks under the direction of the Elders.
- Oversee the recruiting, training and development of capable coordinators to lead each division of the educational organization.
- Oversee the recruiting and training of capable coordinators, teachers, and counselors for special events.
- As the church grows, assist coordinators in recruiting in each division of the educational organization.
- Oversee the recruitment and the interviewing/screening process of the volunteer/teacher/leader applicants.
- Oversee the curriculum training for each age group as well as for camps and special events.
- Assist and participate in budget development, implementation, and
- Work with the lead pastor and staff for reaching out in unique ways to
- Have a Pastor's Heart--be a people person. Have a passion and love for people, both those who encourage you and those who challenge you.
- Be an advocate for the underdog, the different and those who are successful.
- Assist in directing people to help with and pray about special needs of
- Serve as a healthy role model of leadership, sharing the grace of Jesus.
- Provide pastoral care as appropriate, or resources to nurture healthy families in times of illness/grief/loss and regarding parent and child decisions concerning their spiritual walk.
- An MDiv, MTh
- A minimum of three years experience in some form of family ministries.
- If you are married, your wife must be supportive of you in this role.
- An excellent communicator of the Bible as it relates to the ongoing lives of people. It must be simple and practical and most of all biblical.
- You must be a visionary and excited about serving Jesus Christ and sharing His vision specifically for HCC.
- Be a financially stable person, with a good reputation within the community and the church. Be an example of giving financially to the church.
- The salary is based on a 40 hour week, but the actual number of hours required during any given week may vary and are those needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Evidences of a life style which demonstrates a vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ and active participation in the local Body of Christ. Be devoted to the power of prayer in your life. In total acceptance of and commitment to the doctrinal distinctives, vision and core values of HCC. Must become a member of HCC.
Send resume and CD/DVD of messages to:
Hilltop Community Church,
3180 McCulloch Blvd.,
Lake Havasu City,
Information on Lake Havasu City:
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19
Elementary DirectorRiver Pointe Church
- Richmond, Texas
- October 19
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18