STATUS: Full-time, Salaried
BENEFITS: Health Insurance, Professional Development Stipend, Paid Vacation
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
Design, coordinate, and oversee a comprehensive youth ministry program focused on building young disciples for Christ. Areas of focus include group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach. Serve as an engaging spiritual leader and role model
with strong biblical and theological background.
- Serve as youth advocate. Continuously educate and enlighten the congregation about the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Collaborate with church leaders in planning, developing, and implementing all aspects of a balanced and engaging youth ministry
- Research resources and make recommendations for developing the youth ministry programming.
- Pursue and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities within youth ministry practices.
- Recruit and train volunteers to work in all aspects of youth ministry.
- Ensure and preserve adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Maintain accurate records of youth participation
- Manage and compile youth ministry budget for reporting purposes.
- Communicate with church leadership, staff, parents, and congregation in a timely and effective manner utilizing available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.).
- Maintain a flexible schedule that allows for approved and scheduled site visits with youth in variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Collaborate with church staff members in a cohesive and open team environment.
- Promote and adhere to the Child Protection Policy ensuring observance in all youth ministry settings.
- Mentor youth and provide counseling and spiritual direction that aligns with church ministry strategy and plans.
- Preach and teach biblically sound sermons and Bible studies as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Provide oversight and direct supervision to volunteer youth leaders, youth ministry leaders and other staff and volunteers.
- Perform other ministry tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job
Bachelor degree in a related field (e.g. Theology, Religion, Psychology, Counseling, etc.) Master of Divinity or comparable theological education is preferred but not required. 2 to 4 years of experience in youth mentoring, youth counseling, youth development
and youth program oversight PLUS the following job-related experience:
- Experience developing, organizing and effectively managing dynamic youth programs
- Experience effectively working with children, teenagers, young adults and diverse groups
- Experience exhibiting a personal and growing relationship with God
- Experience and training related to:
- Organizing volunteer efforts
- Public relations
- Appreciation of church dynamics
- Leadership skills
- Exercising discretion with confidential information
- Program/meeting planning
- Experience coordinating activities and compiling and/or disseminating information related to youth programs and events, civic activities, meeting/travel arrangements, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Experience interacting, advising and communicating effectively
- Experience reading, interpreting, editing and/or extracting information from various sources including policies and procedures, program guidelines, manuals, reports, periodicals, contracts, invoices and correspondence.
- Mobility to travel in and around office surroundings and sites out-of-doors.
- Communicate and/or exchange verbal and written information or instructions.
- Sufficient to perform job duties
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org