POSITION TITLE: Children’s Ministry Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
The Children’s Ministries Director oversees all Children’s Ministries (CM) programming, from birth through fifth grade. This role is a key leadership position in the church, providing vision and direction to the largest programming department at Glen Ellyn
Bible Church. Although there are many opportunities to lead children in the various ministry programs, this roles primary responsibility is to cast vision, lead teams, mentor leaders, recruit volunteers, and train others to carry out the mission and vision
of Glen Ellyn Bible Church.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all children’s ministry programming including: philosophy, vision, curriculum, calendar of events.
- Integrate GEBC’s disciple-making philosophy within children’s ministries, as well as integrating children within total church programming.
- Champion the vision of the home being the primary venue for disciple-making and parents/grandparents acting as the primary disciple-makers, as well as supporting and encouraging the families of the church.
- Create programs and mobilize volunteers to reach children who are not Christians with the Gospel.
- Recruit, equip, train and encourage both paid and volunteer Children’s Ministry staff. Currently, this position oversees 2 part-time staff, an Assistant CM Director, and an Administrative Assistant.
- Oversee all CM programming and curriculum, including weekend worship services, summer outreach efforts, and midweek programming.
- Oversee all CM volunteers, staff, and manage the budget.
- Lead weekly staff meetings, volunteer training, and manage CM communications.
- Partner with other programming staff in vision cultivation, prayer, and providing caregiving for families and children in need.
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s Degree required, field of study is not as important has having a winning personality that can recruit and empower people to carry out the mission and vision of the church.
Experience Required: Must have experience recruiting, training and supervising volunteers as well as experience overseeing paid staff. Experience leading in a church or other ministry is preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Passion for discipleship. Knowledge of child development ministry needs. Visionary with leadership & management strengths. Must have a magnetic personality.
If you are interested in this position please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(DO NOT USE THE CHURCHSTAFFING APPLICATION PLEASE, THANK YOU)