SCIOTO RIDGE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Email Resume to Jason Wellman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Director of Children Ministries
Type of Employment: Salary (30 hours)
Reports To: Senior Pastor and Director of Family Ministries
The Director of Children Ministries oversees children’s programming at the church (Ages birth to 5th Grade), as well as oversees training and equipping of Children’s Ministry servant leaders.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a growing Christian, deepening her/his personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others
- Proficiency in Word Processing
- Proficiency in Christian Education
- Ability to learn church database software.
- Good organizational skills and communication skills
- Implement the vision of the Family Ministry Strategic Team.
- Work with the Director of Family Ministry for the full implementation of the strategic vision and plans for Family Ministries as it pertains to children.
- Provide leadership, training, equipping, deploying of servant leader teams that serve in Children’s Ministry.
- Organize and lead the Children Ministry Implementation Team to help coordinate special outreach events (Easter Egg Hunt, Treats and Treasures, etc.)
- Schedule regular meetings and create sub-teams as needed.
- Oversee the Vacation Bible School director(s) and VBS servants.
- Provide creativity and vision for new Children Ministry opportunities that help disciple children, as well as ministries that will connect with the unchurched families in our community.
- Work with the Director of Family Ministries on plans to connect with and equip parents of children in our church and community.
- Organize Sunday morning Orange Curriculum
- Train, equip, deploy, and schedule servant leaders for Sunday morning Orange
- Supervise and schedule Childcare workers for Sunday mornings, and weekday meetings and ministries.
- Enforce the Scioto Ridge Safe Sanctuary Policy
10. Other duties as assigned.
- Attend Worship weekly
- Attend Staff Meetings
- Attend weekly Family Ministry Team meetings
- All other duties as assigned
Training and Support Provided
- Employment will be governed by the Scioto Ridge UMC Personal Policy Manual
- Prayers of the staff, church leadership and congregation