First United Methodist Church Winter Park, FL has a job opening for a Director of Children’s Ministry
The Children’s Ministry of First United Methodist Church Winter Park (FUMCWP) provides education and spiritual guidance in the Methodist tradition for children ages birth - 5th grade. FUMCWP is a large, vibrant church with 800 weekly worship attendance
and 200+ children involved in Sunday morning programing. We are an intergenerational church that celebrates and supports the children and youth of our congregation. Our efforts are focused on helping families launch their children into a lifetime of Christian
- Oversight, planning and coordination of Children’s Ministry programming on Sunday morning and throughout the week including summer camp, Vacation Bible School and special events.
- Partner with ministerial and laity leaders in developing a comprehensive vision over the Children’s Ministry. This includes the spiritual, educational, physical, and emotional growth and engagement of children and their parents.
- Recruit, train and inspire both paid and volunteer staff in the planning and implementation of curriculum and programming.
- Connect children to the greater church body through intergenerational, youth and young adult ministries, and in worship.
- Welcome and support new families to the Children’s Ministry by partnering with our weekday preschool, new membership and new parents through activities and communication.
- Provide support to children and their families as they transition to our Student Ministry in the 6th grade.
- Active personal relationship with Jesus Christ with a shepherd’s heart to lead.
- A passion for the church’s role in helping children and their families grow together in faith.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and administration skills.
- Four-year degree, preferably in childhood development, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a leader within children’s ministry. An understanding of Methodist theology is preferred.
First United Methodist Church Winter Park is large church with about 200 kids involved in programing on a Sunday morning.
Full time position with benefits
Director of Children’s Ministry
Please no phone calls or walk-ins, cover letter and resume’ should be sent to