Assistant Student Ministries Pastor Job Description
- A love for and experience working with students from grades five through twelve
- An absolute commitment to Christ, His church and people
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, training, supporting, and developing volunteers
- Good team player
- Enthusiasm for God and for life
- A self-starter
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- A passion to see young people become lifelong followers of Jesus Christ
- A commitment to personal spiritual growth and a desire to see spiritual growth in others
- Teaching gifts
- A willingness to submit to the recognized leadership of the church
- A passion for the Holy Spirit’s work through the local church
- A willingness to work creatively as a team member
- An understanding of reformed theology is desirable
Results/Desired Outcome of Position*
- Volunteers in related areas of ministry are recruited, trained, and supported (with the understanding that there needs to be 1 volunteer for every 5 students participating). The ASMP has met personally, at least twice a year, with assigned volunteers to
ensure that volunteers know our team’s expectations and feel supported.
- In cooperation with the Student Ministries team, the ASMP has assisted in preparing, coordinating, and facilitating dynamic midweek programs that have drawn students from 5th through 12th grade closer to Christ and created a greater
community at Calvary. We also hope that our midweek programs retain at least 80% of participating students weekly so that we can build a strong youth community.
- A Sunday morning student ministry program (i.e. The Skit Review) has been facilitated by the ASMP for students between 5th and 8th grade. This program has connected students to Christ and helped grow the larger congregation at Calvary
- The ASMP has regularly facilitated a small group of students. This small group has been used as an example and training ground for other leaders.
- The ASMP has led, or assisted in leading, dynamic special events such as: camps, retreats, vacation bible school, and mission trips that have brought students closer to Christ and Calvary Church. These have happened for each age group at least once every
- At least 70% of the students have taken the next step in their faith including: accepting Christ, regular attendance at a new activity, confirmation, and/or baptism.
*Other duties as assigned