Job Title: Student Ministry Coordinator
Status: Part Time Position (20 hours per week)
- Experience in youth ministry.
- Understanding of details required to assist and support a successful youth ministry team.
- Fundraising Experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, positive and professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of Excel and Publisher Programs.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- High level of organization skills.
- Sound personal qualifications (maturity, stability, high moral standards and a strong Christian faith).
Essential Job Functions:
- Knowledge of basic elements of Youth Ministry.
- Work effectively and harmoniously with others.
- Assist with the details needed in developing and maintaining a vibrant and effective youth ministry.
- Communicate with people involved in all aspects of the church’s youth ministry.
- Assist in developing, organizing and maintaining materials for the youth program.
- Become an ambassador of the youth program to the church as a whole, to the community as well as to the people directly involved in the ministry.
1. Assist in the creation and maintenance of important informational and procedural documents.
b. Safety policy manuals
c. Student directories
d. Volunteer manuale
e. Event binders
f. Data information-example: record of attendance and participation
2. Assist in the communication of youth activities and events.
a. Create fliers, mailers and handouts to advertise events.
b. Create, manage and distribute calendars to staff, volunteers, parents and youth.
c. Provide information to the church in general of youth activities, events, accomplishments and needs.
3.Support the volunteers in youth ministry.
a.Organize and send curriculum multiple weeks in advance.
b. Follow-up with volunteers to determine what support and materials they need to accomplish their responsibility.
c. Provide needed materials for the volunteers.
d. Organize and maintain the scheduling of the volunteers.
e. Follow-up with volunteers when they have not attended events, activities or meetings and attempt to determine how to provide the support they need.
f. Assist in providing trainings for volunteers by organizing the facility to be used, needed materials, maintain attendance records and developing a training assessment process.
g. Provide volunteers information needed to obtain required life scan reports. Monitor and maintain records of the life scan results.
4. Provide assistance in coordinating youth events.
a. Assist in collecting materials needed for the events.
b. Coordinate the set-up of the facility to be utilized.
c. Obtain transporters to events when they are needed and assure the people transporting have required licenses and insurance.
d. Recruit volunteers to chaperone each event.
e. Call to gather information and make reservations as needed for events.
f. Monitor required permission form signatures to determine if youth are able to attend an event and assist youth in obtaining the documentation needed.
g. Maintain records regarding permission procedures.
h. Maintain required documentation of volunteers.
5. Maintain budget records for the youth program as required by church policy.
a. Review supply requisitions and record them as required.
b. Follow through on purchase request to assure required procedures have been followed and signatures needed are obtained.
c. Implement the billing process according to church procedure.
6. Lead mission fundraising teams.
a. Recruit members of the mission team, students, families, and Calvary church to organize and lead fundraising events.
b. Develop and implement fundraising strategies.
c. Organize plans of action related to each event.
d. Equip and monitor volunteers for success.
- Attend church/youth meetings as requested.
- Participate in church/youth events as requested.
- Attend Student Ministries weekly meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
*If interested in applying, please send your resume and a list of 4 references to Nick Mastin at firstname.lastname@example.org