WORSHIP/CREATIVE ARTS DIRECTOR
Our Church: Summit Church is located in beautiful Northern California in the greater Sacramento area. Only a couple hours from the beach, Lake Tahoe and San Francisco, it is an ideal location for those with an adventurous spirit! And it could not be a
more exciting time to join our church family of over 500 people. With a move into a new building eminent, we are anticipating a new level of influence and growth!
Our Main Focus: Summit Church is passionate about helping people reach their highest and best. Let us say that again, we are passionate about helping people reach their highest and best!!
Our Fearless Leader: Our Lead Pastor, Chris Jung has an authentic leadership style, a conversational preaching style and is quick to make things happen. Believing in taking ownership, quickly resolving conflict and giving God our best, he sets a tone of
health and productivity among the team. It might have to do with being a youth pastor for many years, but you can also count on an appearance of bright shoes or funny screen T’s from time to time!
Our Amazing Team: We have an dream team of committed and enthusiastic men and women who are grateful and excited for the opportunity to serve the individuals of our church and our community. We are allergic to those with a hireling attitude.
So, what are we looking for? We desire to add a team member who values people, strives for excellence and is ready to embrace and serve this vision of… you guessed it…helping people reach their highest and best! The ideal Worship Director will love the
local church and have a driving desire to lead people in worshiping their Creator and truly connecting with Him.
Our ideal candidate will be able to…
• …lead all teams involved in worship/service programming and presentation, including music, audio, video, lighting, and creative elements.
• …function as the primary worship leader, while working with a volunteer team of musicians, singers and media technicians to train and implement their skills and talents into a variety of worship/tech oriented roles.
• …provide authentic and relational leadership to encourage the continued spiritual development of the worship team members and Summit Church community.
• …serve the lead pastor, staff, church and greater community with a willing heart, ready to take on anything, even if the “anything” is considered outside of the normal job description.
Does this sound like you?
• I sense a definitive calling to full-time church ministry.
• I have the ability and desire to learn, support and contribute to the unique vision and culture of Summit Church.
• I have experience in worship ministry leadership, and have served on a staff at a church of 500 or more.
• I possess strong musical, vocal, technical, relational and leadership skills, and am able to relate to and interact well with a wide variety of people and age groups.
• I have the desire and ability to train and develop volunteers in all areas of Worship Arts.
• I am capable of providing administrative support to the Worship Ministry (including, but not limited to: creatingand maintaining database of chord and lyric charts, Planning Center scheduling, volunteer team coordination and communication, etc.).
• I am adept at trouble shooting problems in the areas of audio, video, lighting and computer systems.
Lastly, let’s “geek out” with some gear talk!
To be successful in this role, you must be competent in (or have the ability to quickly learn) the following equipment and programs:
Planning Center, ProPresenter, Ableton, Mainstage, Wirecast, Mac and PC computers/operating systems, Various Network routers/equipment, Adobe Photoshop (basic features), Adobe Premier, and the Behringer X32 Audio Console and related Behringerdigital products (P-16
personal mixers, X-Air, X32 iPad/iPhone control app).
Ready to take the first step?
We are looking forward to hearing from you and starting the conversation! To apply, please email us a cover letter, current resume and a sample of your leading to: Evan.Fernald@MySummit.church
Please Note: Resumes/Applications sent to any other email or applicants who contact the church regarding this position via telephone will not be considered.