Worship Leader Job Description
Faith Community is currently seeking a part-time Worship Leader to join its staff. The Worship Leader is responsible for planning and coordinating the worship ministry of Faith Community Church with particular emphasis on liturgy, music,
and the arts. The Worship Leader will work closely with the Pastor to develop worship services that support and enhance the message of the day.
The mission of Faith Community Church is to make more and better followers of Jesus Christ who worship God, care for one another, and serve in the world.
- Work with Pastor to coordinate the elements of Sunday morning worship.
- Help lead Sunday morning worship services.
- Prepare weekly overhead slides to be used during worship services; work with Pastor to identify creative ways to enhance the message.
- Direct all rehearsals and activities with the worship teams on a regular basis.
- Serve on the Worship Committee.
- Contribute creative ideas to the church leadership to expand the role of music in worship.
- Manage all technical aspects of worship including visual media, bulletin graphics and projector.
- Coordinate special music schedule of soloists, instrumentalists, and guest musicians.
- Discern songs, hymns, praise sets and instrumental selections to inspire the congregation’s worship of God.
- Help plan special services and events including but not limited to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Good Friday.
- Oversee and maintain the church’s music and worship resources and copyright compliance.
- Blend contemporary and traditional styles of worship music to accommodate a wide-range of worship styles; use both old and new songs with a full range of instruments.
- Attend, as appropriate, seminars and conferences on worship leadership.
- Experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians.
- Sense a calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and ability to clearly articulate that calling to others.
- Proficient in playing piano and/or guitar with the ability to lead while playing.
- Experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers in all areas of worship ministry.
- Ability to train and nurture other musicians.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, visual media and video projection.
- Respect for all styles and genres of worship music; ability to blend new and old styles.
- Commitment to ongoing personal, spiritual and professional growth.
- Must have a teachable heart.
- The Worship Leader will be accountable to the Pastor.
- 20-30 hours of service per week required.
- Starting salary of $25,000 - $35,000 to be based on qualifications and experience.
- Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org