Knott Avenue Christian Church
Spanish Pastor Job Description
TITLE: Spanish Pastor
DEPARTMENT: Knott Avenue Christian Church
REPORTS TO: Executive Team
SUPERVISES: Spanish Staff
The Spanish Pastor at Knott Avenue Christian Church is people-oriented and passionate about changed lives in Jesus Christ. He is charged with providing leadership and oversight to the Spanish Ministry. He works alongside our Executive Team to implement the overall vision in the Spanish Ministry. He understands the need of a balanced, dynamic worship environment. He is an accomplished, dynamic preacher who is doctrinally sound and possesses the spiritual gift of teaching. He diligently seeks to understand the needs of a diverse congregation of new and mature believers in his approach to communicating the Word of God. He shows wisdom in administration, delegating responsibilities to others when appropriate. He is an encourager in the work place—one who leads others instead of driving them. He has a heart for the individual believer as well as for the entire church family. He is a man of vision, who looks to serve not only within the church, but also in the world around us. He is one who is not afraid to think in terms of an infinite God, believing in Him for great Kingdom impact. He exhibits a high degree of integrity, emotional maturity and resilience. He has a solid marriage with his wife and family being supportive of his ministry.
Knott Avenue Christian Church is a multi-ethnic, non-denominational church in Anaheim, CA. KACC’s Spanish Pastor leads in the spiritual growth and development of the members. Spanish Pastor is called to equip disciples to fulfill the Great Commandment and the Great Commission for the glory of God.
- Have a clear testimony in Jesus Christ and demonstrate a deep personal relationship with Him.
- Biblically qualified according to I Timothy 3 and Titus 1 as it applies
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Christian University/Seminary
- Must agree with and support KACC doctrinal and mission, vision, values, and strategy statements
- Must be developing his own strong biblical marriage
- Willing to be a resident of the community
- Proven track record of growing a ministry and developing leaders
- Legal citizen of the U.S.A
Skills and Abilities
- Able to communicate biblical truths in a relevant and practical way
- Able to lead the church to reach their community with the gospel
- Ability to raise up and develop leaders
- Ability to build and empower key leadership teams
- Ability to promote Life Groups as a central focal point for church involvement and growth. He will demonstrate this personally by being a part of a Life Group for his own fellowship and accountability.
- Able to develop strong biblical marriages by example, teaching and leadership
- Able to interact in local community as a pastoral presence for Jesus Christ and KACC
- Ability to recognize and encourage the use of spiritual gifts
- Strategic thinker in implementing vision, values, and strategy for KACC
- Must speak fluent English or be willing to develop English speaking skills
General Position Duties
- Visionary Leadership - Seek God’s direction; in practically implementing the vision in a way that maximizes available gifts and resources of the body of KACC. Cast the vision for the Spanish church in alignment with overall KACC vision. Regularly re-cast vision by challenging pastors, ministries and congregation to apply the vision, values, and strategy.
- Preaching and Teaching- Seek to discern God’s message through significant time and study to develop and deliver Biblically-based messages. Prayerfully plan out preaching series that will intentionally lead our church forward to fulfill current mission and vision of KACC. Teach our fellowship to obey the Scriptures. Leads a life of worship and prayer worth imitating that flows into his preaching and teaching ministry. While a part of our 3 church-wide campaigns will preach the same text and Big Idea in a unique way to the Spanish congregation and be culturally relevant.
- Staff leadership - Collaboratively lead and oversee the Spanish ministry staff for successful ministry. Continually evaluate effectiveness of making disciples and propose creative ideas for improvement. Provide ongoing direction, development and spiritual oversight of church staff members so that all are effectively following Jesus, winning people to Jesus, making disciples and bearing much spiritual fruit.
- Congregational leadership and discipleship - Challenge and inspire the congregation to be transformed personally by God’s Word through the leading and power of the Holy Spirit. To be obedient disciples who make more disciples.
- Shepherding- Intentionally seek to know the body of KACC and surrounding communities. For the congregation: exhort and empower shepherding through the Life Groups. Promote godly families, and, as possible and appropriate, participate in ministerial duties; weddings, funerals, baby dedications, etc.
- Seek to find new ways and additional resources to accomplish God’s plan for the church.
- Manage Spanish ministry budget.
- Minimum 44-hours, maintaining regular office hours at the church.
All employees of Knott Avenue Christian Church are at-will, and as such, are free to resign any time without reason. The Knott Avenue Christian Church likewise, retains the right to terminate and employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of Knott Avenue Christian Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
If you sense God’s calling toward this position:
- Send a resume to KACCSpanishPastorSearch@kacc.com
- Send a photograph with resume. Family photographs are welcome also.
- Send examples of messages preached in one of the following formats, video links are preferred. YouTube link or Vimeo link to KACCSpanishPastorSearch@kacc.com. DVDs and CDs to “Spanish Pastor Search Committee” c/o Knott Avenue Christian Church, 315 S. Knott Avenue, Anaheim, CA, 92804. Please label DVD or CD and include cover letter. DVD’s and CD’s will not be returned.
Please send resumes, photographs, and speaking samples by December 31, 2016. Once these items are reviewed, only candidates of further interest will be contacted to fill out a more detailed application and doctrinal questionnaire for the next step in the search process.
Salary and benefits will be set by the Elder Board.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Ministry Coordinator-Middle SchoolAustin Ridge Bible Church
- Austin, Texas
- December 7
Senior High DirectorCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- December 7
Ravi Zacharias Ministry International - Director of MarketingChurchology Staffing
- Norcross, Georgia
- December 7
Children's Ministry Director/PastorLiberty Baptist Church
- Spring Lake, North Carolina
- December 6
Parkview Community Church - Elementary DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- December 6