Knott Avenue Christian Church
Life Groups Pastor Job Description
TITLE: Life Groups Pastor
DEPARTMENT: Knott Avenue Christian Church
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
SUPERVISES: Life Group Staff
The Life Groups Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the congregation is connecting with one another and building community through a strong, healthy, and growing life group ministry. This includes development and execution of an annual growth plan, group leader identification and recruitment, life group curriculum development, and ongoing leadership and coaching of group leaders. In general the Life Groups Pastor is responsible for our corporate goal of assimilation (moving people from Sunday service to mid-week life groups), which is the second step in our strategic plan (Get in, Get Real, Get Going).
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Christ and demonstrate a deep personal relationship with Him.
- Biblically qualified according to I Timothy 3 and Titus 1 as it applies
- Preferred Master’s Degree from an accredited Christian University/Seminary
- Required Bachelor’s Degree
- Must agree with and support KACC doctrinal and mission, vision, values, and strategy statements
- Must be developing his own strong biblical marriage
- Willing to be a resident of the community
- Proven track record of growing a ministry and developing life group leaders
- History of overseeing multiple life groups (+20 groups)
- Large church experience (+700 attenders)
Skills and Abilities
- Able to communicate biblical truths in a relevant and practical way
- Ability to raise up and develop leaders
- Ability to build and empower key leadership teams
- Ability to promote Life Groups as a central focal point for church involvement and growth. He will demonstrate this personally by being a part of a Life Group for his own fellowship and accountability.
- Able to develop strong biblical marriages by example, teaching and leadership
- Strategic thinker in implementing vision, values, and strategy for KACC in the Life Group Ministry.
General Position Duties
- Lead a team in the development and growth of a strong life group ministry fostering community involvement and spiritual growth.
- Develop and maintain an annual plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of life group involvement.
- Implement regular team leader and life group participant recruitment methods and processes ensuring a healthy life groups growth rate over time.
- Function as overall leader of all life groups, coaching life group leaders in successful completion of their day-to-day duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinate with Lead Pastor on periodic campaigns/curriculum
- Develop life group curriculum and other life group study materials and tools.
- Drive and coordinate periodic campaigns/corporate life group pushes as part of the church’s weekend service planning and design processes. Three series a year.
- Monitor and oversee all life group material proposed by life group leaders, when not in a church-wide campaign or not a sermon-based group.
- Organize and teach the School of Servant Leadership (10 month program for developing future life group leaders).
- Write weekly life group questions that will appear in Sunday’s bulletin.
- Manager/ Planner
- Plan and execute regular life group connection events as a means of bridging the gap between attraction environments and deepening environments (life groups). The events will look similar to the men’s and women’s events of the past. These are events that fall in between or serve as transitional environments from “Get in” to “Get Real.”
- Plan and execute regular life group leader training and recognition events, ensuring the existence of a healthy body of life group leaders upon which to grow a strong life groups ministry.
- Create promotional materials and methods that ensure everyone at the church is aware of the life groups ministry area, its purpose and importance, and how to get connected.
- Assist in the development of an annual departmental budget and manage spending of budget.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, and funerals.
- Be available to preach in main services when called on.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 44-hours, maintaining regular office hours at the church.
All employees of Knott Avenue Christian Church are at-will, and as such, are free to resign any time without reason. The Knott Avenue Christian Church likewise, retains the right to terminate and employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of Knott Avenue Christian Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
If you sense God’s calling toward this position:
- Send a resume to KACCLGPastorSearch@kacc.com
- Send a photograph with resume. Family photographs are welcome also.
- Send examples of life group questions with a related topic and scripture passages.
- Send an example annual plan for a life group ministry. Please include: training philosophy with dates, ideal church-wide campaign dates, recognition events, and connection events (cited above under Manager/Planner). Also, include a sample church-wide seven week campaign outline with overall theme and weekly topics. Treat this annual plan as an exercise and showcase of your creativity. We only wish to provide small guidelines for this project and want you to fill in the rest. Please nothing more than three-pages.
Please send resumes, photographs, annual plan, and life group questions by December 31, 2016. Once these items are reviewed, only candidates of further interest will be contacted to fill out a more detailed application and doctrinal questionnaire for the next step in the search process.
Salary and benefits will be set by the Elder Board.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Pastor of Outreach and AssimilationHobart Assembly of God
- Hobart, Indiana
- November 29
Executive Pastor (767613)The Shepherd's Staff
- US Mid Atlantic, Virginia
- November 29