- In partnership with the Sr. Pastor, plan all worship services, with the exception of the sermon, scripture lessons, and children’s messages.
- Administer the business affairs of the music ministry, including the development of the musicbudget, oversight of expenditures, and maintenance of appropriate copyright requirements.
- Select and use music which brings glory to God, expresses Lutheran theology, and complements weekly sermon and scripture.
- Serve as the primary organist/pianist for all worship services.
- Direct/administer adult and children’s choirs.
- Ensure that worship is enhanced by a variety of musical arts.
o Vocal and instrumental solo and ensemble music (handbells, brass, strings, woodwinds, and percussion)
- Maintain a breadth of musical styles in worship.
- Recruit musicians and facilitate participation from all age groups within the congregation.
- Maintain the music library and supervise the maintenance of all instruments. (organ, piano, keyboards, handbells, percussion, etc.)
- Coordinate with school music ministries.
- A love for our Lord and a desire to lead His people in worshiping Him
- A love for people and an aptitude for teaching
- Understanding of Lutheran theology, worship, and liturgy
- Proficiency in leading music worship from the organ and piano
- Experience in choral conducting (adults and children)
- Flexibility in worship style
- Familiarity with computer database software (i.e., Excel) and music notation software (i.e., Finale)”