Lead Student Pastor- Mount Ararat Baptist Church
Church and Community Description
Since its formation the mission of Mount Ararat has been to reach all people with the life-changing love of Jesus. Mount Ararat began over 100 years ago in Stafford, Virginia with no electricity, horse-drawn wagons, and rain-washed dirt roads. Stafford County
in the early 1900s was different from today’s Washington D.C. suburb. Flanking the historical Rappahannock River and Marine Corps Base Quantico, Stafford is a rapidly growing, diverse population that needs Jesus. Currently, 75% of the people in our area have
no church affiliation.
While celebrating the rich history of our community and the faith-rich history of our church, Mount Ararat pursues the future. We are a modern, growing, multisite church with a Sunday attendance of 3,000 across two locations. Launching a third location in
2017 and a total of five locations by 2020, Mount Ararat is high capacity, staff-driven culture that values creativity, excellence and relationships. Led by Senior Pastor, Todd Gaston, Mount Ararat focuses on reaching the next person for Jesus.
Mount Ararat is searching for a high-capacity leader to serve as their Lead Student Pastor across all campuses. While all ministries at Mount Ararat function within the framework of the larger church vision, the Lead Student Pastor will seek to creatively
implement that vision in a manner relevant to students. The Lead Student Pastor will be able to work with both students and parents while providing strong leadership to staff, and volunteer teams. The successful candidate will ensure the student ministry continues
to grow both as an attractional and a missional ministry. The ideal candidate will seek to grow middle and high school ministries both numerically and spiritually. The Lead Student Pastor will be responsible for the development of community through small groups,
be the primary communicator at high school large group gatherings and oversee the middle school ministry team.
- Proven track record of working in a large church setting with 5+ years experience. Multisite church experience preferred.
- Recognized commitment to reaching the outsider, insider and returner student with a high degree of innovation, recruitment and retention.
- History of recruiting, training and growing leaders that love and serve today’s students and success in creating a structure that disciples and grows students spiritually.
- Confirmed demonstration of excellent stewardship with resources and budget management.
- Experience maintaining personal relationships with students, parents, staff and volunteers while also having a strategic vision for growing the ministry.
- Proven experience in communication, creative thinking and problem solving a must.
- Earned Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. Seminary degree preferred.