First Covenant Church of Salina, Kansas
“Deeper in Christ, Further in Mission”
PASTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES
Our congregation is looking for a youth pastor who is spiritually mature, possessing a passion for youth and their spiritual growth. Our new pastor will be a strong teacher, disciple, and communicator who encourages students (7th through 12th grade) and young adults (18 to 25 yrs) to commit their life to Christ and equips them for a lifelong growing relationship with Christ.
- Provide vision and leadership for a dynamic youth ministries program, emphasizing both discipleship and outreach.
- Possess excellent teaching skills that include strong knowledge of scripture and the ability to connect scripture with life application for youth.
- Develop a strategic discipleship plan that will meet the needs of growing Christian students.
- Provide serving opportunities and implement youth evangelism and outreach programs for the greater Salina community.
- Recruit, develop and equip both youth and adult volunteers/leaders.
- Effectively lead and develop existing and new staff, including middle school youth director, ministry interns, and administrative support staff.
- Exhibit effective organizational planning and communication skills and the ability to work well with church staff and volunteers.
- Engage and equip parents so they can more effectively disciple their students for a lifelong relationship with Christ.
Our church has 800+ regular attendees in a community of 50,000 located in the Kansas heartland. Our church has exhibited a strong passion for helping students commit to Christ and be equipped to be lifelong disciples. We have demonstrated this passion through committed volunteers, prayerful partnership of the congregation, and providing the physical and financial resources needed to do effective ministry. We look forward to partnering with a called and gifted youth pastor who will provide leadership to this critical ministry.
Our youth program is comprised of 7th through 12th graders and currently has between 60-80 students and 8 adult leaders attending Sunday School. There are separate weekday evangelism/outreach programs for middle and high school with committed adult and student leadership supporting this ministry, which draws between 80-120. We also have an active middle school discipleship/confirmation program with good adult leadership. In addition, more than 80 students attend weekly home group Bible studies led by adult volunteers. Most of these groups meet year round.
Middle school and high school worship teams and other special ministry programs are certainly possible. Many special events take place each year, including summer camp, student leadership conference, mission trips, ski trips, amusement park trips, and retreats.
Our youth meet in a 3 year old multi-purpose Life Center which includes a large meeting space; a commons area for hang out space/small group space/or eating space; a fully functioning kitchen; and a full sized gym with wood floor for basketball and other indoor recreational activities.
In addition to more than 25 volunteers, there is a full-time assistant youth director whose primary responsibilities are leading middle school students, as well as assisting with other youth ministry responsibilities as directed by the person filling this position. https://www.facebook.com/fccgravity/
Professional Skills and Requirements
- Devoted follower of Christ: pursuing the Lord with heart, mind and soul.
- Fully committed to the mission, priorities and values of First Covenant Church.
- Compatibility with the theology and values of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Preferred – proven track record of at least 3 to 5 years experience in mid to large student ministry.
- Teachable spirit and the ability to work well with others
- Organized, proactive, and self-motivated; able to work with little supervision yet able to work effectively with teams of volunteers and peers
- Preferred – minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent in youth ministry or a related field.
- This is a full-time position now available.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and includes life, health, disability and retirement plans.
- To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Executive Pastor Wes Gibson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor - Full TimeBeulah Alliance Church
- Edmonton, Alberta
- January 19
Student PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- January 19
Director of Youth MinistriesMountain View United Methodist Church
- Forest, Virginia
- January 19
Youth PastorGeorgetown Bible Church
- Hudsonville, Michigan
- January 18
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
First Covenant Church
Our church has 800+ regular attendees in a community of 50,000 located in the Kansas heartland. Our church has exhibited a strong passion for helping students commit to Christ and be equipped to be lifelong disciples. We have demonstrated this passion through committed volunteers, prayerful partnership of the congregation, and providing the physical and financial resources needed to do effective ministry. We look forward to partnering with a called and gifted youth pastor who will provide leadership to this critical ministry. Our youth More...