The Church Business Administrator is responsible for administering the day-to-day operations and business affairs of the Church, working with members and staff to achieve the objectives of the church, supervision of the support staff, administration of personnel policies and supervision of use, the coordination of volunteers and of the Director and staff of the School, and management and oversight of facilities, maintenance, operations, events scheduling, purchasing and the church’s technology systems within the approved policies and procedures of the church.
- Must have ability to administer, communicate, organize, train, and supervise people of all disciplines
- Proven capabilities of understanding and supervising personnel in areas of facilities and project management, administration, accounting, financial management, information technology.
- Excellent in communications, handling personnel, problem solving and conflict management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment (we are not a huge church but we are a busy one)
- Experience in building maintenance, trusts and endowments, with solid accounting background
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and/or 5-8 years experience in management of a church or other large non-profit.
- Must be a professing Christian.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and prioritize day-to-day operations of the church office
- Supervise custodial and administrative/communications support functions, as well as directing the use of volunteers that assist the operations of the office.
- Responsible for all properties of the church being properly maintained and work with vendors to assure all facilities/assets are managed appropriately
- Obtain estimates and implement approved capital improvements and/or maintenance at the direction of the Trustees
- Maintain and administer property, liability and vehicle insurance coverage as directed by Trustees
- Supervision of fiscal management and business affairs, cash flow control, review payments, accounting, time sheet approval and bookkeeping, including, oversight and management of bookkeeping and accounting services
- Produce monthly financial reports, Trustee reports and annual budgets in coordination with the Finance Chairperson
- Prepare annual appointment and financial reports for the Church Conference.
- Authorize all purchases, issuance of all purchase orders consistent with specific committee budgets; verify all vendor billings against purchaser orders.
- Negotiate and supervise yearly health insurance contracts and custodial and other service contracts
- Oversee banking and credit card Relationships
- Responsibility for the hiring, training and termination of all Support Staff as approved or directed by the Staff Parish Relations Committee and administrative coordination with entire staff
- Communicate and administer employees benefits and payroll processes (such as health insurance, disability, vacation, sick, other time off)
- Administer personnel policies and all personnel records as established by the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- Oversee church membership and attendance record and other records such as baptisms, wedding, funerals, and uses of church property by non-church sponsored outside groups.
- Administration of computer network systems, purchase and maintenance, software upgrades, etc
- Coordinate data input and maintenance of all database records for financial, membership, and other records residing in the Church information system.
- Manage relationship with IT Support company
- Provide Clerical Support for the office staff
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Finance ManagerNew Life Community Church
- Peoria, Arizona
- October 25
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Administration/AdministratorThe Jerusalem Center
- Wayne, New Jersey
- October 18
Administrative AssistantChrist Church of Oak Brook
- Oak Brook, Illinois
- October 17