WHAT WE ARE ABOUT
We are a dynamic church located in beautiful Bellingham, Washington, with a multi-site campus in Mt.Vernon, Washington. We live in an unique culture in Whatcom County (very unchurched) and Cornwall is laser focused on altering the spiritual landscape, one
life at a time.
WHAT IT IS LIKE TO WORK AT CORNWALL?
Cornwall Church has been certified as a Best Christian Workplace in 2016 and 2017. We are continually striving to be a workplace where people absolutely love what they are doing and who they are doing it with. We get excited because we have the best jobs
in the world! We wholeheartedly believe in team collaboration and are constantly looking at the big picture and how each ministry team plays a critical role in that picture. Each ministry team is “for” each other and we do our best to eliminate any type of
silos that can happen. We consistently pray and support each other. And we love to have fun! Whether it is a planned event or more often something spontaneous, our staff culture definitely includes a lot of laughing.
The primary responsibility of the Children’s Ministry Pastor is overseeing the Children’s ministry of Cornwall Church (Explorers League). Responsibilities include overall leadership of children from birth through 5th grade developing a strategy that fosters
spiritual discovery within families and equips parents to be the primary spiritual influencers of their children, helps create opportunities for children to become Christ followers, offering tools for spiritual growth, and avenues to serve Him for a lifetime.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Leadership of Staff and Volunteer Teams:
- Lead a team of volunteers and staff in the operation of the ministry, including weekend services and periodic special events.
- Oversee systems for background checks, safety and security procedures related to volunteers
- Champion the Explorers League ministry leadership development strategy.
- Oversee the recruitment, training of, and vision casting to volunteers (including parents) as needed to create teams to facilitate weekly programs and special events.
Oversight and Execution of Weekend Environments:
- Provide insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes using Orange Curriculum.
- Lead team to plan and execute Biblically accurate, culturally relevant and high-energy services for Explorers League.
- Provide opportunities for kids to discover their unique purposes and begin developing their talents and abilities.
- Ensure that check-in areas, ministry spaces and signage are clear, current and focused on new kids and their families.
Partnership with Parents and Families:
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
- Work and plan in conjunction with the family ministry team to ensure alignment of life stage ministry areas and continue creating an Orange culture.
- Ensure that the Explorers League team strives to create partnerships with and provide remarkable “customer service” to parents and kids on a consistent basis.
- Create and continuously improve follow-up methods to ensure that new kids and their families are plugged in to Cornwall Church.
- Implement a strategy to equip parents to help their kids take their next steps toward Christ.
Development and Casting of Vision and Strategy:
- Set goals and tactics that help the Explorers League ministry be aligned with whole church discipleship strategies
- Continually recast vision, mission, and strategies to volunteer team and staff.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for Explorers League and manage spending to budget.
- Execute Go and Be efforts for kids and families at Cornwall Church and encourage kids and families to participate in church-wide outreach efforts.
Oversight and Execution of Explorers League Small Groups:
- Construct practical on ramps and systems to help kids move from visiting to belonging and growing.
- Develop a systematic and effective effort to integrate kids’ small groups into weekend environments. Develop leadership structure where kids have a consistent leader (and student leader where applicable) each week.
- Offer small group leaders curriculum, coaching materials and creative approaches to small group ministry.
Pastoral Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Participate in overall Pastoral duties, including attendance at weekend services and mid week services, baptisms, child dedications, officiate weddings, memorial services, perform hospital visitations, attend staff meetings and participate in sub groups
focused on church events.
- Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor.