Pastor of Worship
Church Size: 500 – 800
Job Type: Part-Time
Who We Are
Anchorage City Church (ACC) is a growing, Spirit-filled nondenominational church in Anchorage, Alaska. City Church is gearing up for the next level of growth and we are seeking a leader who is ready for an adventure, passionate about discipleship, and excited
about being a part of a growing faith-filled community.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a team-player with a personal drive to develop others through training and discipleship. This discipleship-oriented, Jesus-follower models a lifestyle of worship beyond the Sunday platform and lives a life that is worth following. Must
love people, love the Church, and have a willingness to flex and grow. Love of Community is a must.
The Pastor of Worship is responsible for leading and equipping service teams (volunteers) of vocalists and musicians that effectively create a space conducive to an engaging, impactful, and spirit-filled worship experience. Service teams serve throughout
various services, gatherings, and events; to include weekend services, in alignment with ACC's mission, vision, and core values.
- Connect with the Senior and Executive Pastors to plan service flow from preaching themes, song lists, and service components.
- Serve as the primary recruiter and trainer for serving members (volunteers).
- Utilize Planning Center Online for scheduling worship volunteers for weekend and signature events, providing set lists to the musicians and a run sheet for each service.
- Strategize and execute regular training opportunities for worship volunteers.
- Routine vision casting for worship ministry at ACC in alignment with overall church values, mission, and vision.
- Facilitate the repair and/or replacement of sound and visual equipment.
- Manage the worship ministry budget.
- Possess an active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Possess the ability to shepherd and lead creatively.
- Experience in coordinating and facilitating the various components of worship gatherings.
- Experience in training and equipping service leaders (volunteers).
- Possess musical skill that transcends baseline vocal/instrumental excellence.
- Demonstrate ability to foster an atmosphere of worship through music.
- Possess a moral and ethical lifestyle that is above reproach.
- Possess a Bachelors-level degree in Music or related field or possess the equivalent in experience.
* See ACC position description for position details.