Purpose: The Pastor of Student Ministries will serve as the point leader for the student ministry at Riverside Church (middle school through high school). The Pastor of Student Ministries will also oversee all student ministry environments
(middle school and high school) where vision thrives, leaders are developed, and lives are changed.
(1) Lead Comprehensive Student Ministry
- Drive the Vision & Direction of a world class student ministry
- Create a culture necessary for the overall student ministry to accomplish its strategic objectives. This includes seeing the “big picture”, being a catalyst for innovation, and maintaining strategic communication.
- Implement the vision and strategy for the student ministry.
- Strategically partner with parents and empower them to lead their students spiritually.
- Develop an evangelistic edge that both reaches out to unchurched students and raises them up in their faith.
- To build and provide overall leadership for large and small group environments where students prioritize their relationship with Christ, positively influence their friends toward Christ, and engage others by serving in personal ministry to the church.
- Oversee the yearly calendars of the middle school & high school ministries of the church to ensure that we are harnessing the full momentum offered by the seasons of the year.
- Create a Culture of WOW
- Provide superior service to all of our guests.
- Create memorable experiences.
- Create excellent ministry environments.
- Develop culturally relevant content that engages students.
- Serve as the lead communicator for our student ministries.
- Lead the morale of the team
- Recruit passionate and motivated volunteers.
- Inspire leaders to maximize their God given potential.
- Deliver training for ministry effectiveness.
- Sustain the long term commitment of volunteers.
- Communicate with volunteer and staff teams.
- Oversee the staff and volunteers that lead our middle school & high school ministries.
(2) General Pastoral Responsibilities
- Passionately strive to live the abundant life can committed to an authentic, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Self-motivated and excels in developing systems and planning ahead.
- Experience in church leadership that clearly demonstrates your ability to build, motivate, equip and lead an existing team that is currently growing and functioning.
- Committed to an “Orange” family ministry philosophy and a small group approach to student ministry
- Maintain loyalty to the vision and staff of Riverside and always protect the unity God has given this church.
- Participate in staff meetings, prayer times and other meetings as required by the Lead Pastor or Supervisor.
- Conduct weddings, funerals and baptisms when requested or required.
- In addition to ministering to students, participate in any pastoral duties that may arise.
Please email cover letter and resume to Eric Echols (firstname.lastname@example.org).