The role of the GBC – Children’s Ministry Coordinator is to provide leadership over the children’s ministries of GBC. This position oversees all areas of Children’s Ministries that pertain to children from birth through fifth grade. The Children’s Ministry
Coordinator reports to the Executive Pastor, working closely with him to fulfill the vision and mission of GBC as it pertains to our Children’s Ministry.
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will operate in five key areas:
1. Personnel Oversight
- Assist pastors in the recruiting of nursery and preschool coordinator.
- Oversees these positions, giving direction and oversight to the coordinators, as they lead and direct their ministries.
- Recruits volunteers for the Impact Ministry (K-5th grade), including but not limited to, large group leaders and small group leaders.
- Responsible for the training of all volunteers within the Children’s Ministry.
2. Ministry Functions
- Assists nursery and preschool coordinators in recruiting volunteers for their respective ministries.
- Responsible for distribution and processing of all required paperwork, from both GBC and the state.
- Responsible for tracking and updating all required volunteer background checks.
- Develop and maintain a disciplinary procedure for GBC’s Children’s ministry.
- Oversee preparation of curriculum, material, and technology needed for all ministries each Sunday.
- Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic early childhood learning environments.
- Oversee childcare for church events as directed including, but not limited to, productions, annual meeting, seminars, Christmas Eve .
- Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
- Meet regularly with the Executive Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
3. Spiritual Oversight
- Responsible for making sure that all activities within the children’s ministry are effective in reaching and teaching the children of GBC.
- Responsible for shepherding the coordinators and volunteers, making certain that their spiritual needs are being met, in order to work with the children.
- Responsible for making certain all curriculum and programs are meeting the spiritual needs of our children.
- Responsible for the purchasing of curriculum and materials needed for all ministries within the budget that is set by the elder board.
- Responsible to keep regular communication with parents to keep them abreast with what their children are learning.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate an Impact calendar to track upcoming events and special services.
- Manage GBC’s Impact Ministry presence on all social media platforms.
- Responsible for speaking and meeting with nursery and preschool coordinators as often as needed in order to support their efforts in their ministries.
- Responsible for meeting with senior leadership on an as needed but regular basis in order to communicate the status and needs of the children’s ministries as well as to coordinate and collaborate on church wide events.
- An appropriate educational background (BA or BS degree in Children/Family ministries or similar is preferred).
- Must have a love for children and an ability to communicate with them effectively.
- Must be able to work in a team setting with good communication skills. This requires leading adult volunteers in the children’s ministry as well as working with GBC leadership.
- Ability to supervise, understand, motivate, and support ministry volunteers.
- Proficient technology skills.
- Confidential, helpful, cheerful, diplomatic, and caring positive attitude to ALL.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Attention to detail.
- A willingness to grow and adapt to the inevitable changes found in a growing local church.
- A strong family life visible to others.
- Demonstrate an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must attend worship services regularly and participate as an active member of GBC.
- Must be a member of GBC and have agreed to GBC’s statement of faith.
- Must bear witness to a clear testimony of conversion, evidence of the fruit of the Spirit, and a commitment to personal and spiritual growth.
- Must be organized and deadline driven.