Central is a non-denominational church with a multi-generational congregation located in Collierville, Tennessee, a suburb of Memphis, and we are looking for the right person to lead our Modern Service. Collierville is an upscale community with a population
of around 47,000, which gives you a smaller town feel in a large market. Central is looking for someone with a clear and undeniable call to full time ministry, an overwhelming passion to worship the Lord and to lead others into that same vibrant worship.
This role involves teaming up with the Worship Pastor to lead our congregation in worship, creative planning of services and events.
We have two services with two unique styles. Our Classic Service consists of a choir and orchestra and is led by our Worship Pastor. Our Modern Service consists of praise band and worship team and is led by the Modern Worship Leader. This candidate would
answer to and work with the Worship Pastor and would be responsible for the Modern Service. The church as a whole averages around 1500, while the Modern Service currently averages about 900 people, and we are looking to grow both services. We range in style
from bands like Hillsong, Passion and Elevation to more folk oriented Rend Collective, as well as hymns and more acoustic oriented music. Ideally, the candidate would do well in both a café setting and a full band setting.
The Worship Leader role requires a high level of skill musically and technically. The ideal candidate is not just a musical leader. Neither would they be a “rock star”, although advanced musical skill is an asset. The preferred candidate is first
and foremost a pastor. This shepherding role includes helping the congregation enter into worship (via both musical and verbal expression); a focus on development of teams spiritually and artistically; and a bent toward collaboration and delegation.
In summary, the best candidate for this position is a person with depth, high skill levels and a relational leadership style.
Requirements for the Worship Leader position:
- A strong Christian testimony and maturing faith in Christ
- A heart to shepherd, love and disciple people
- High proficiency in at least one musical instrument (guitar and/or keyboard preferred)
- Musically gifted vocally and instrumentally and able to lead a multi-generational church in God-honoring and God-focused worship
- Church staff experience leading corporate worship including preparation and rehearsal of music, vocalists, and instrumentalists
- Must be able to function well in a multi-staff setting and work in cooperation with other staff members
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to invest in good relationships with staff, the church attendees, and the community
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written, with Ministry Assistant, Tech Director, other worship leaders, and volunteers
- Demonstrate an attitude of humility and be teachable
- Demonstrate a positive “team-first” attitude
- Grace-oriented approach to ministry and life
- Model humility and hard work
- Cultivate a worshipful environment in all worship venues
- Familiarity with creating & using click tracks and loops
- Ability to read, write, and chart music
While not a requirement, experience leading students in worship is a plus. Per the candidate, there may be a role with our students.
Education Required: Bachelor degree in Music preferred, or equivalent experience
Must have a working knowledge of the following software:
- Planning Center
Please send links to social media (Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Twitter, etc.).
How to apply:
This is an exciting opportunity for whomever God calls to be part of this ministry! Please email the following to Chris Copeland at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume detailing experience in leading worship along with other work experience and education
- Recent photograph of applicant and family (if applicable)
- Cover letter expressing your testimony, current church involvement and interest in this position
- Video of candidate leading in worship
Salary will be dependent upon experience and education.
Use this link to see examples of worship at Central Church:
Please do not call the church office. We cannot guarantee a response to every application, but we will contact you as soon as possible if we would like to take you to the next phase of our search process.