The Worship Leader will minister by developing, organizing and leading anointed corporate and various worship ministries . Our church is growing, offering two Sunday services with a “contemporary gospel” type feel. This is a part-time position that will
report directly to the Lead Pastor.
Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Live a life of an overseer as laid out in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. The worship leader should sing well, play an instrument while being humble, detailed, and team-oriented. Must be able to follow leadership.
Must possess creativity, excellent musical & administrative abilities and be competent to lead worship. Must have the ability to build teams, have teaching skills and the desire to shepherd people.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organize and oversee Sunday worship services.
- Lead worship services for special events.
- Coordinate worship services with sound and media team.
- Draft worship schedules and set-lists for all services and special events.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Be actively part of the church family.
Lead Worship & Grow Team:
- Lead the worship team volunteers.
- Hold at least one worship team practice per week.
- Continually cast big-picture vision to worship team volunteers.
- Identify, recruit and train new leaders, musicians and vocalists.
- Continue to develop the worship ministry.
- Work closely with the young adults and youth to train up the next generation, creating multiple teams.