PLEASE READ FIRST:
The information below is merely a summary of the position and requirements. Please visit westgatechapel.org/pastorsearch for a complete description and details on how to apply for the Senior Pastor position. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE CHURCH STAFFING WEBSITE!
The role of the Senior Pastor is to provide spiritual leadership and oversight of Westgate
Chapel (WGC) in alliance with the Elder Board, Pastoral Staff, Administrative Staff, Lay
Leaders, Members, and those that attend WGC. This will require a firm grasp of the mission
and core values of WGC (see WestgateChapel.org/values).
1) Ensuring the Spiritual Health of WGC
2) Modeling Biblical Priorities
3) Strategic Leadership and Planning
4) Oversight of Westgate Chapel Worship Experiences
5) Staff Supervision and Development
6) Reproducing the Church
• Is a born-again believer through faith in Jesus Christ, having made a personal
profession of faith in Jesus Christ and has evidence of God’s call into full-time ministry.
• Lives consistently with and in commitment to the requirements of an Elder as set forth in
1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
• The candidate shall meet the requirements of the 2016 Manual of the Christian and Missionary Alliance under the Uniform Constitution for Accredited Churches of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, Article X: Committees and Organizations, Section 1. Elders
• Is able to preach and teach doctrinally sound Biblical messages with communicative
• Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
• Is committed to personal, local, national, and global outreach/missions.
• Demonstrates a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, is a person of prayer,
the study of the Bible, and is a model in life and leadership that demonstrates a love for
God and His people.
• Shows evidence of control by the Holy Spirit in all aspects of personal life and ministry of
• Is licensable by the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) and is in full agreement
with the Doctrinal Statement, mission and purpose of the C&MA.
• Is in full agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of WGC; supporting the Bylaws of WGC,
evidencing commitment to the WGC’s Mission and Core Values.
• Master of Divinity (M.Div.) (or its equivalent preferred) or, at a minimum, a Bachelors
degree in Bible or a related ministry field.
• 10+ years of full-time, vocational ministry experience
ABOUT WESTGATE CHAPEL:
Our Mission as a church is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ where they are pursuing 3 Vital Relationships... Intimacy with God, Community with Believers and Influence with Non-believers.
Our staff of 5 Pastors, 1 Director, 2 Managers and multiple support staff, work diligently to build up the body of believers God has led through the doors of WGC. They embody the great commandments to love God and to love others, and strive to bring God the most glory possible while ministering in their various roles. Leadership of this amazing team and working to fulfill WCG's mission will be two of the primary responsibility for our next Senior Pastor.
TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION:
Please visit westgatechapel.org/pastorsearch, review the complete details of the job description, responsibilities, required application items, questions & answers, as well as some facts about Westgate Chapel. After your prayerful reflection, if you believe God is leading you to apply for this position, please send the required items to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor Lead ElderFaith Community Church
- Debary, Florida
- September 25
Community Church of East Williston - Senior MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- East Williston, New York
- September 23
EvFree Fullerton - Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Fullerton, California
- September 23
Senior PastorGrace Chapel
- Ballston Lake, New York
- September 22
BridgePoint Bible Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Houston, Texas
- September 22
Westgate Chapel of the C&MA
Westgate Chapel is a Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) church located in Toledo, OH. Our purpose is to fulfill the Great Commission and the Great Commandment by leading people to Christ, nurturing them in their faith, equipping them for ministry, and deploying them in service for Christ in His world.More...