DIRECTOR OF MUSIC
Southeast Raleigh Table
The Director of Music will oversee the worship of God through music and technology Sunday mornings at the Southeast Raleigh Table (SERT), a multi-site campus of Edenton Street United Methodist Church (ESUMC), set to publicly launch in 2017.
EXPECTED START DATE:
This position will report to the campus pastor and be part-time at 20 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead worship weekly at Sunday services.
- Participate in weekly worship planning and evaluation meetings.
- Oversee band and worship team recruitment, development, and scheduling.
- Lead weekly rehearsals with the worship team prior to Sunday services.
- Oversee audio/visual team recruitment, development, and scheduling.
- Create weekly slides and presentations for Sunday mornings.
- Manage the weekly SERT sermon podcast and Spotify accounts.
- Lead music for ESUMC staff chapel, occasional church retreats, or special events.
- Attend weekly staff chapel and monthly all staff meeting and lunch.
- Displays spiritual maturity.
- A disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Strong musical gifts and a passion for worship, especially within the contemporary gospel genre.
- Naturally mentors and invests in others.
- Experience playing with and leading worship teams/bands.
- The ability to connect with the people who live, work, and play in east downtown and southeast Raleigh.
- A self-starter who values thoughtfulness and excellence in worship.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, ProPresenter and Planning Center Online, as well as an ability to learn new systems.
Please submit a cover letter, copy of your résumé and a video clip or audio sample of your contemporary gospel genre’ to Reverend Lisa Yebuah at email@example.com no later than October 7, 2016.