The Discipleship Pastor will be someone who is called to live an example of discipleship, as well as provide leadership and direction for the discipleship team through a clearly defined pathway by designing and managing systems and environments which will
move people from being a casual attender to an authentic missional disciple for Jesus Christ.
Discipleship Pastor possesses:
- Deep love for Jesus Christ and people from all walks and backgrounds.
- Heart for those who are far from God and searching for their spiritual significance in Him.
- Pastoral disposition that engages others in authentic care and concern for their personhood.
- Intentionality in encouraging personal belief and ownership of a love for God and love for others.
- Conviction to champion and live out discipleship before the church and others.
- Leadership abilities that thrive in a team based interdependent environment.
- Ability to balance the value of the past and present to create the path for the future.
- Desire to network with other ministers in like roles for development and contextual relevance.
- A desire and ability to recruit potential leaders, invest in their lives developing them for ministry.
- Lead Discipleship Staff and Teams in the planning, production and execution of all areas of discipleship to include Connections, Missions and Outreach.
- Recruit and develop leaders to serve and support all aspects of discipleship.
- Champion discipleship through all aspects of adult ministry in a mission centric model that includes, Missional Community Groups, New Believer Care, Marriage & Parenting Enrichment, Men, Women, Young Adults and strategic felt need groups and gatherings.
- Lead the team that executes and implements all connection initiatives from guest card to serving and connection into community.
- Provide oversight leadership to teams that provides pastoral care, benevolence and support groups.
- Develop an annual ministry plan and budget for the Discipleship Ministry.
- Identify, mentor and empower emerging leaders.
- Perform sacerdotal functions (weddings, funerals, communion and baptisms), as assigned.
- Continually develop and oversee all staff and key volunteer leaders.
- Lead a team that creates the environments where people will connect to God and others.
- Lead Discipleship Pathway strategy by developing a systems and structure where Group Leaders are equipped and pastored leading to become healthy leaders.
- Ready and able to speak as asked to teach in a variety of settings, from Leadership gatherings to Leader training events to weekend messages.
- A mature believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel and the ability to clearly communicate it.
- Deep commitment to spiritual integrity, moral purity and healthy relationships.
- High levels of theological knowledge with a passion for translating it into practical discipleship processes and structure that connect each person on their level.
- Ability and gift of communication from speaking to writing of discipleship curriculum and training.
- Self-aware with a teachable spirit, responsive attitude and always seeking to self develop.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture to include mentoring with wisdom and grace.