The Discipleship Pastor will be someone who is called to live an example of discipleship, as well as provide leadership and direction for the discipleship team through a clearly defined pathway by designing and managing systems and environments which will move people from being a casual attender to an authentic missional disciple for Jesus Christ.
Discipleship Pastor possesses:
- Deep love for Jesus Christ and people from all walks and backgrounds.
- Heart for those who are far from God and searching for their spiritual significance in Him.
- Pastoral disposition that engages others in authentic care and concern for their personhood.
- Intentionality in encouraging personal belief and ownership of a love for God and love for others.
- Conviction to champion and live out discipleship before the church and others.
- Leadership abilities that thrive in a team based interdependent environment.
- Ability to balance the value of the past and present to create the path for the future.
- Desire to network with other ministers in like roles for development and contextual relevance.
- A desire and ability to recruit potential leaders, invest in their lives developing them for ministry.
- Lead Discipleship Staff and Teams in the planning, production and execution of all areas of discipleship to include Connections, Missions and Outreach.
- Recruit and develop leaders to serve and support all aspects of discipleship.
- Champion discipleship through all aspects of adult ministry in a mission centric model that includes, Missional Community Groups, New Believer Care, Marriage & Parenting Enrichment, Men, Women, Young Adults and strategic felt need groups and gatherings.
- Lead the team that executes and implements all connection initiatives from guest card to serving and connection into community.
- Provide oversight leadership to teams that provides pastoral care, benevolence and support groups.
- Develop an annual ministry plan and budget for the Discipleship Ministry.
- Identify, mentor and empower emerging leaders.
- Perform sacerdotal functions (weddings, funerals, communion and baptisms), as assigned.
- Continually develop and oversee all staff and key volunteer leaders.
- Lead a team that creates the environments where people will connect to God and others.
- Lead Discipleship Pathway strategy by developing a systems and structure where Group Leaders are equipped and pastored leading to become healthy leaders.
- Ready and able to speak as asked to teach in a variety of settings, from Leadership gatherings to Leader training events to weekend messages.
- A mature believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel and the ability to clearly communicate it.
- Deep commitment to spiritual integrity, moral purity and healthy relationships.
- High levels of theological knowledge with a passion for translating it into practical discipleship processes and structure that connect each person on their level.
- Ability and gift of communication from speaking to writing of discipleship curriculum and training.
- Self-aware with a teachable spirit, responsive attitude and always seeking to self develop.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture to include mentoring with wisdom and grace.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Assoiciat Director (Pastor)Providence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
LCBC Church - Central Life Group DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Manheim, Pennsylvania
- September 30
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- September 29
Couples' Ministry PastorChrist Community Church
- St. Charles, Illinois
- September 28
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Northeast Bible Church
Everything we do at Northeast reflects our passion to help people connect to Christ, commit to community and become catalysts for compassion both locally and globally. Simply put, we believe God has placed us here with a purpose. We're not perfect, but we serve a perfect God and we hope our passion reflects not only our love for Him but His love for the world. More...