LIGHTING DESIGNER/MEDIA ASSISTANT
The Lighting Designer/Media Assistant will participate in planning, set-up, operation, and maintenance of lighting for Sagemont Church, a large, dynamic congregation with state-of-the-art facilities designed to support diverse worship styles and events.
The Lighting Designer/Media Assistant will work with veteran creative, technical, and worship teams to execute weekend services, creative projects and special events across the campus. The position will have a strong emphasis on Lighting and Staging, but
the right candidate will have experience in the Audio and Video areas as well. The Lighting Designer/Media Assistant position is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Associate Pastor/Media Ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with creative, technical, and worship team members to generate imaginative lighting solutions
- Responsible for programming all worship services and major events
- Insure that all lighting components are maintained, organized, updated, and functioning at all times
- Repair or coordinate the servicing of all lighting related equipment
- Research, design, and oversee implementation of lighting system upgrades
- Rent, deploy, and oversee any outside equipment needed for events
- Insure that lighting purchases, rentals, and maintenance stay within budget
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers for both event staffing and set changes
- Maintain and update documentation related to: stage plots, electric, DMX, and low-voltage signal paths
- Nurture skills and creativity by attending concerts and other live performances
- Attend continuing education opportunities targeting lighting design
- Provide AVL support for church events when necessary
The Lighting Designer/Media Assistant should have an Associates degree, technical school degree, or equivalent in Theater, Broadcasting, Fines Arts, or similar degree. In addition, the candidate must have a minimum of three to five years of experience in
lighting design or related field.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with Jands Vista lighting control software and consoles is required
- Experience with intelligent lighting instrument operation and maintenance is required
- Experience in stage rigging practices and hardware
- Understanding of basic electrical practices and safety
- A fast thinker who can troubleshoot quickly, while exuding positivity
- The ability to lift, lower, and maneuver equipment and materials weighing up to 70 lbs.
If you meet these qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, including list of references, and any non-returnable examples (or links) of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We respectfully request no phone calls please.