Operate machines and equipment to record, synchronize, mix, or reproduce music, voices, or sound for weekly services (particularly broadcast quality radio recordings for sermons), band rehearsals, and special events.
Knowledge and experience in live sound mixing, sound recording, microphones and setup, operation of analog and digital sound equipment and sound recording software, backline setup and essential equipment. Knowledge of computers both Mac and PC, internet operations
and live streaming, audio and video conversion and editing, operation of software based sound and video applications.
Communications and Media:
Knowledge of media production, communication, software and hardware operations, and dissemination of techniques and methods.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Installation - Installing or overseeing the installation of equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Operation - able to operate the appropriate machinery and software with competency in the work being done.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Technology Design - Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Troubleshooting - Determining probable causes of operation or system errors and determining the correct course of action in order to resolve the situation.
- Mix live sound for services and events, mix monitors, mix live stream, working with the music team, staff leadership, and others in creating a desired result.
- Ensure a high quality radio broadcast recording of the sermon each week
- Must work well in a dynamic team environment.
- Prepare for rehearsals, services, recording sessions, live events, by setting up the necessary sound equipment and backline gear.
- Be responsible for all the sound and tech gear, setup and teardown, storage, repair, and acquisition of.
- Prepare for recording sessions by performing activities such as selecting and setting up microphones, starting and stopping recordings, testing operation of gear.
- Sound mixing both live and post in preparation for airplay and duplication.
- Upload, download, edit, and keep logs of recordings.
- Report equipment problems and ensure that required repairs are made.
- Set up, test, and adjust recording equipment for recording sessions and live performances.
- Synchronize and equalize prerecorded dialogue, music, and sound effects with visual action of motion pictures or television productions, using control consoles.
- Convert video and audio recordings into digital formats for editing or archiving.
- Reproduce and duplicate sound recordings from original recording media, using sound editing and duplication equipment.