Next-Gen Pastor: (Birth-12th Grade)
Lincoln Heights Christian Church
Provide executive vision, leadership, and direction to all ministries pertaining to our kids and students—(birth through 12th grade)—helping to create an environment where our children and students can be led to Jesus, loved into community, and
launched into ministry.
Pastor our children/students and their families, and coach our volunteers to lead. Oversee a team of paid-coordinators, and work directly with either the elementary or student age group.
Align each of the responsibilities noted below with our existing & future vision, strategic ministry plan, goals, and requirements.
This person must love Jesus, and love kids/students. This person must be a “people-person”, who is creative, fun, and has a proven track record of developing at team of volunteers and knows how to work with them towards a common goal. This person must be
a “wooer” and a “recruiter”. Ths person must be able to preach. This person must also be administratively gifted, be a self-starter, and have a servants-heart.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- our kids/students to Jesus & to one another.
- our families with kids/students to Jesus & to one another.
- our local schools to Jesus. (Identify 3 local schools to “connect” with.)
- to the Lead Pastor in regards to ministry updates & calendar events.
- to our families with kids/students in regards to ministry updates & calendar events.
- to our Next-Gen Ministry volunteers, in regards to ministry updates & calendar events.
- by leading & developing a team of paid-coordinators. Currently, we have budgeted to provide (1) an early childhood coordinator, (2) an elementary coordinator, and a (3) student/youth coordinator.
- by identifying, inviting, training and releasing Next-Gen Ministry volunteers to LEAD kids to Jesus, LOVE kids into Community, and LANUCH kids into Ministry.
- by encouraging families with children/students to raise their kids to love Jesus. We want to “come along side” our families & help them in this endeavor…not take over for them.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Type of Position: A Full-time “At-Will” Employee—(Reference “Employee Handbook” for more info).
Hours Required for Position: 40 hours.
- Our work week is Sunday through Thursday.
- We demonstrate hard work, measured by results and excellence
- One of our team values is to budget time to spend with people
outside of the office.
- Expected to be a part of a Community Group, but these hours will not count as work-hours.
- Expected to live within a 3-mile radius of the church, for the purpose of connecting with the kids/students, families, and volunteers who live within this community.
Starting Salary: $48,000 yearly salary, paid bi-monthly.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability
Housing Allowance: Yes-(with approval of being Commissioned or Ordained).
Paid Sick Days: Yes-(after a 90 day introductory period,
5 days per year).
Paid Personal Days: Yes-(after a 90 day introductory period,
4 days per year).
Paid Vacation Days: Yes-(after a 90 day introductory period,
10 days per year).
Days Off: 2 days-(Fridays & Saturdays). There will be times, because of special events, when we work on Fridays & Saturdays, but COMP time is usually given to the team when this happens.
Evaluation: Subject to a review every 6 months.
Next Steps: If interested in this role, please email
email@example.com with (1) your resume, (2) a sample of your preaching, and
(3) your most recent DISC test if available. You will hear back from someone from Lincoln Heights within a week in regards to any possible next steps.