Children’s Ministry Director
The Director will serve as a key leader in the children’s ministry helping to coordinate all communication between the Family Pastor and congregation.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
Need to have a functional understanding of Excel, Pages, ProPresenter, Word, Social Media and newer technology. This position will also need to learn how to use Planning Center Online, Elexio, and Nozbe. A familiarity of Orange curriculum and ministry model
would be great!
There will need to be a willingness to complete any training necessary to bring current abilities in line with duties needing to be performed.
- Espouse an unquestioned and vital commitment to Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord.
- Be thoroughly evangelical in faith, doctrine and practice as understood by Journey Church.
- Have a love for children and families.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in confidential matters.
- Possess strong motivational skills, leadership skills, and a high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Have the ability to lead and develop volunteer teams.
- Be flexible with the growing demands of an evangelical, community focused church.
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 4th grade, including Sunday mornings, summer programming, special events, etc…
- Prepare curriculum for each program and each age level, while espousing the values of Journey Church.
- Create environments, activities, and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and lead teams of volunteers.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Plan and oversee special events such as Symphony at the Park, Baby Dedications, Christmas Celebrations, etc…
- Responsible to Family Pastor, but must be a team player.
- Be able to lead, resource, and work with existing Program Director and prep team.
- Must attend Weekly & Monthly staff meetings.
- Must be Flexible- we are a growing church and this person would need to be able to grow with the church.