The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible to oversee the entire children’s ministry at a defined Allison Park Church campus by recruiting, training and managing a team of volunteers to effectively provide a high quality and fun children’s ministry
experience where kids encounter the presence of God, learn about God through biblical teaching, and are challenged to live a powerful faith-filled life of following Jesus.
The Children’s Ministry Director is a part-time position. This role will require 15-29 hours per week. (Campus size will determine the number of hours.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Submit to the vision and direction of the Lead Pastor through the direction of the children’s pastor
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of coordinators, leaders and volunteers to effectively provide a high energy worship experience where kids can encounter the presence of God in a fun environment, and learn about Him through biblical teaching during each
of the weekend children’s ministry services.
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of coordinators, leaders and volunteers to effectively challenge kids to develop spiritual habits and grow in their relationship with God through small groups and biblical teaching during our mid week program.
- Lead KidzVenture outreach to reach un-churched families in the area and connect them to the ministries of Allison Park Church.
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of coordinators, leaders and volunteers to oversee the assimilation process to effectively welcome guests and regular attenders in each of the children’s ministry services and develop/maintain a system of care for all of
the children at Allison Park Church.
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of coordinators, leaders and volunteers to lead all elementary special events. (Retreat, sleepovers, etc.)
- Recruit train and lead a volunteer Early Childhood Coordinator to build a team and to oversee all ministry for children from birth through 5 years old.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Maintain a positive attitude about yourself, your areas of responsibilities, and the staff.
- Work cooperatively and cheerfully maintaining a good rapport with all staff, volunteers, church members, and outside professionals.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality. Be congenial, professional, and business-like in all personal contacts with others.
- Be sensitive to the needs of others.
- Exercise good time management.
- Maintain a high level of excellence in your appearance, work habits, and quality of work performed.
- Maintain a teachable attitude.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Must have at least one of the following
- Formalized ministry training through a Bible college or ministry training school
- Ministry credentials or active pursuit of ministry credentials
- History of leadership and teambuilding in children’s ministry
SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES: Skills and competencies are listed in the book
For Your Improvement “A Development and Coaching Guide” 3rd Edition.
- Building Effective Teams (pg. 359)
- Conflict Management (pg. 67)
- Creativity (pg. 81)
- Delegation (pg. 109)
- Drive for Results (pg. 315)
- Informing/ Communication (pg. 161)
- Planning (pg. 281)
- Priority Setting (pg. 299)
- Time Management (pg. 369)
Is a mature follower of Jesus, serves their family well, serves in passion-driven, gift-aligned ministry, tithes to Allison Park Church, gives to missions, and exhibits the characteristics of a deacon (1 Timothy 3:8-13)