We are seeking a Pastor of Children and Families to oversee our children's ministry who can fully embrace our vision, and serve as a significant team member of our staff. Our children's ministry serves over 120 children every Sunday and over 75 come to
our Wednesday night programs. The position involves:
- strategic oversight of the children's ministry, caring for teachers,
- training in teach ing methods, implementation of the Orange discipleship process,
- a firm grasp of the AWANA program,
- coordination of events and outreaches, and providing leadership to a dedicated team of volunteers.
We are praying for a candidate whose life demonstrates a love for Christ, who holds scripture in the highest regard, and is excited to partner with the local church in the work of the Gospel. A candidate’s character should be in keeping with the character
expectations of an elder or deacon as found in 1 Timothy 3.
Our primary qualifications after one's character is that the applicant have a proven background of leading people, and be motivated by seeing children come to know and love Jesus. Additional qualifications include:
- Experience working, or serving in a multi-staff church;
- Gifted in recruiting and training of volunteers;
- Ability to teach from the Word in ways suited for children's ministry;
- 5+ years working or volunteering with children’s ministry with a strong grasp of the Orange disciple-making process;
- Undergraduate degree/certification in children’s ministry or related field is preferable.
Salary range 50,000-60,000 (plus benefits). Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and