Mechanicsburg BIC Church (McBIC) will be accepting resumes for the position, PASTOR OF SENIOR HIGH STUDENTS AND YOUNG ADULTS between now and October 15, 2016. The position is designed to give 75% time to senior high students and 25% time to young adults.
Seminary education or 5 years of ministry experience is preferred. Interested applicants please email a cover letter and resume to Sherry Selkirk at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Mechanicsburg Brethren in Christ Church, 1050 S. York Street, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055. References may be requested. To find out more about our church, please visit our website at www.mcbic.org.
McBIC’s mission is to help people connect with Jesus
through experiencing God’s presence, becoming
who God created us to be and loving God and loving others.
Ministry Description - Partner with McBIC’s pastoral staff in developing and implementing ministries in the church and community by equipping and releasing people for ministry so that the Body of Christ is
built up (Ephesians 4:11-13).
This position is designed to give ¾ time to senior high students and ¼ time to young adults.
Accountable To—Senior Pastor
- Growing in Christ through prayer, Scripture reading and community with other believers
- Committed to the church’s mission and philosophy of ministry
- Has a teachable spirit
- Demonstrates a clear sense of God’s call to the position
- Works well with pastoral staff and with volunteer leaders and teams
- Strong one to one relational skills and gifted as a public speaker/communicator
- A self-starter who takes initiative
- Seminary training or five years of ministry experience preferred
- Committed to professional growth and development
- Develop and communicate vision for ministry to senior high students
- Provide leadership development for adult volunteers and teens
- Oversee pastoral care and programming for senior high students
- Responsible for administration of senior high and young adult ministries
- Assist teens and young adults in navigating through important life transitions
- Provide vision and leadership for peer-led young adult ministry