The Children's Ministry at Calvary Community Church is about providing a safe and welcoming place for children (birth-5th grade) in order that they might 1) make Jesus their Lord and Savior and 2) better understand their God-given design. We
are a church full of families and have a thriving children's program in which the average Sunday morning attendance for birth-5th grade is often 60-75 children.
The Director of Children's Ministry will work with staff, elders, and lay leaders in helping to create sustainable ministry programs. The incoming director must feel very comfortable working with children and their parents. We desire to an individual
who feels comfortable partnering with families and the entire congregation in helping children become life-long disciples of Jesus Christ.
Our Children’s Ministry is designed to teach our children God’s Word in creative ways so that they can grow up knowing the character of God, the fundamentals of the faith, and the assurance of salvation.
- Passion for children.
- A calling by God to ministry.
- Competency for the following responsibilities through successful ministry experience and training.
Develop a strategy for creating a Children’s Ministry that nurtures the children of Calvary Community Church, nursery through 5th grade, into a growing relationship with Christ and encourages and assists their parents in becoming better equipped
to meet the challenges of parenting in a Christian home.
- Oversee the recruitment, screening, and selection of all volunteers, and provide them with ongoing training and accountability for the purpose of team development and spiritual growth.
- Responsible for researching, purchasing, and disseminating curriculum.
- Ensure the classrooms and staff are well equipped and supplied to meet the needs of the ministry.
- Develop a Children’s Church program for K through 5th grade.
- Determine a Vacation Bible School program. Organize the staff, supplies, and promotion for an effective VBS outreach ministry.
- Manage the Children’s Ministry Budget in coordination with the church leadership.
- Organize, staff, and supply the weekly Boys’ Club and Girls’ Club.
- Attend weekly staff meetings. Be prepared to report on ministry activities.
- Administer other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
Elder overseeing Children’s Ministries and responsible to Senior Pastor.
- 20 hours per week, $20,000.00 per year.
- Vacation: 1 week per year, following one year of ministry.
Please send hard copy application materials (resume and cover letter) to:
Calvary Community Church
Re: Director of Children's Ministry
82 Romans Road
Port Townsend, Wa. 98368
(Note: We will not be accepting electronic copies of your cover letter or resume)