Roswell United Methodist Church in suburban Atlanta, Georgia is currently seeking a full-time Children’s Ministry Program Coordinator with a passion and heart for creating faith experiences for children and families within the walls of the church and beyond
in service to the community.
The Children’s Ministry Team consists of four paid staff and over 100 adult volunteers in a broad range of weekday ministries, Sunday morning programming, and special events throughout the year, such as Vacation Bible School and Morning in Bethlehem.
The ideal candidate is:
- A passionate disciple of Jesus
- Theologically Wesleyan
- Enthusiastic, engaging, and innovative
- Attentive to current and future trends in Children’s Ministry
The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably related to Education or Children’s Ministry. Certification in Christian Education or Children’s Ministry is a plus.
- Knowledge of Child Development – birth to older elementary.
- Local church experience or equivalent.
- Proven servant leadership in planning, organizing, and leading volunteers and in working collaboratively with team members.
- Strong project/event planning skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and to be highly self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Annual salary is expected to be in the mid-$30,000 range. Benefits include group health/dental insurance and pension plan participation after one full year of employment; there is no allowance for relocation expenses. Please see detailed job description
at www.rumc.com/jobs; send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.