History and personality of HBC of Rockford, IL
Harvest Bible Chapel in Rockford is a 13 year old church plant from Harvest Bible Chapel Fellowship, a ministry of the parent church, Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Meadows, IL. Our church is conservative in theology and aggressive in reaching people for
Christ. Sunday AM services would include preaching for 40-45 minutes, worship led by a band, and occasional videos that enhance the aims of Sunday AM. Our passion is to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and spread that passion to
our city and to the nations. Church planting is in our blood. We have sent a church planter from our church body to the Czech Republic in 2012 and a second one to India in 2013. Our current attendance is approximately 750. In August of this year, we finished
an expansion to our facility which doubled our size to a total of 32,000 square feet. We added children/student space, a gym, and office space. A good portion of our church is comprised of young families so that approximately 200 of the 750 are kids aged
0 - 5th grade. Currently, our ministry to children happens on Sunday AM exclusively. We would like to have someone on staff that can help us strategize how to reach this city for Christ through a ministry to children/families.
Responsibilities of the Family Pastor
- Plan, direct and oversee all aspects of Harvest Kids from birth to 5th grade.
- Planning the curriculum and calendar of Harvest Kids
- Teaching children God’s Word with energy and excitement making Harvest Kids a place where the children long to be
- Build, shepherd, and train a team of volunteers who will own the ministry and be committed to Harvest Kids
- Disciple parents to raise their children to follow Jesus and carry out His mission
- Able to stretch and grow in giving oversight to discipleship throughout the church
Note: We are looking for someone who will build teams and the structure for
everything listed above. We are not interested in hiring someone to do the work, but to equip the saints for the work of service. We need a leader of leaders.
Spiritual Gifts needed: Leadership, Teaching
Accountable to: Senior Pastor and the Board of Elders
- Possesses Christian maturity and integrity
- Heart for the whole church not just his area of ministry; a team player
- Hard worker, kind-hearted yet firm in his convictions, able to confront gently
- Passionate to equip and see others using their spiritual gifts
- Equally driven to reach the lost, equip the saints, and organize community.
Applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com