Status: Full-time (40+ hours/week, salaried)
Reports to: Family Ministries Director
Summary: The Student Pastor is charged with advancing the mission of Relevant Church—to help people far from God reach their full potential in Jesus Christ—by: 1) creating irresistible environments where middle and high school students are
taught biblical truth in engaging and culturally accessible ways; 2) encouraging and supporting parents in nurturing a deep and ever-growing relationship with Jesus in the lives of their students; and 3) leading leaders who will help students reach their full
potential in Jesus Christ. The Student Pastor is expected to consistently pursue a growing personal relationship with God, and live a life that honors God and is consistent with the values of Relevant Church. He/she is also expected to actively participate
in the worship services and body life of Relevant.
- Recruitment, development, and leadership of a volunteer team of adult leaders
- Financial budgeting
- Creation of teaching and discipleship content/strategy
- Alignment with and cultivation of the Relevant church mission, vision, and values within the volunteer team and within the lives of students
- Leadership and management of small and large group environments and activities
- Successful marketing and promotion of the student ministry
- Involvement on local middle and high school campuses
- Continual long-term vision development and implementation of a fruitful, growing student ministry that enriches and develops middle and high school students
- Prompt, appropriate follow-up with student VIPs and/or adult VIPs with students in their families
- Report to higher leadership and work cohesively with the broader Relevant team
- Function as part of a growing staff team to implement the overall mission/vision of Relevant Church
- Work with family ministries director to implement the overarching vision for the next generation to “never know a day without knowing Jesus"
- Develop a growth/discipleship strategy for middle and high school students
- Plan and facilitate student trips, camps, and retreats, etc.
- Develops and maintains a growing personal relationship with Jesus
- Develops and maintains a growing personal leadership ability
- Develops and maintains a growing public reputation
- Develops and maintains healthy relationships, both personal and formal