The Point is looking for a full time Discipleship Pastor to join our ministry team. Our mission at The Point is Love God, Love People, Love Life. We are looking for someone who loves God and is passionate about developing others to grow in their love for
God, people, and life.
- Live out the 6 catalysts and cultural values (gratitude, honor, generosity, excellence, and multiplication) of The Point and lead staff and volunteers to do the same.
- Carry the mission of The Point to Love God, Love People, Love Life to our adult ministry.
- Provide an example by a lifestyle that is above reproach and respectable both publically and privately. This includes but is not limited to talk, dress, and social media usage.
- Provide leadership and vision for adult groups system.
- Develop and execute a multiplication and growth strategy for groups through intentional leadership, investment, and development.
- Develop a team of volunteer coaches who lead our adult group leaders.
- Write weekly groups curriculum and give approval for all non-sermon based curriculum.
- Oversee execution of care system within groups through group coaches by group leaders.
- Lead the execution of the church-wide care system.
- Ensure pastoral care is being implemented by pastoral team including serving as a final line of care before reaching the senior pastor.
- Develop and oversee the operation of the volunteer Care Team.
- Provide weekly reporting/updates on pastoral care needs in our congregation.
- Oversight of counseling and benevolence requests and referrals.
- Development and oversight of lay counseling program.
- Oversight of spiritual decision and baptism follow-up.
- Provide leadership and vision for adult assimilation.
- Personally engage and connect with guests.
- Lead and develop volunteers and volunteer leaders for the Welcome and Connections Teams.
- Ensure all first time guests and provided with an excellent experience.
- Lead, evaluate, and develop system for groups and volunteer connections.
- Create a healthy volunteer culture with opportunities for personal growth and development, good communication, scheduling, training, and appreciation.
- Collaborate with other staff in the Ministries Department to design and execute a church-wide discipleship plan (birth through adult).
- Ensure the Adult Discipleship (Groups, Care, and Guest Services) department’s administrative functions are carried out in church wide communication (web, social media, blog, etc.), database management, budgeting, and volunteer recruitment.