Alpharetta First United Methodist Church (www.afumc.org) is seeking a dynamic, experienced leader who will provide strategic leadership and vision for adult discipleship groups and ministry involvement.
Alpharetta Methodist is a vibrant family of faith (1,400+ average weekly attendance) located in a fast- growing northern suburb of Atlanta. The Director coordinates adult classes and groups, providing resources and training for spiritual formation, and oversees
the assimilation of people into study and service.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Solid relationship with Christ and his church
- Clear understanding and belief in Wesleyan theology
- History of building strong teams of adult volunteers and leaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Energetic, flexible and team-player spirit
- Willingness to live in Alpharetta or surrounding community
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum); master’s level theological training preferred
- 5-10 years of experience working in a large church (over 1,000 attendance)
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Alpharetta Methodist provides an excellent benefits package including continuing education opportunities and retirement plan.
Resumes will be received through October 15, 2016 and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to AFUMC, Attention: Human Resources, 69 N. Main Street, Alpharetta, GA 30009. Please include salary expectations.
No calls please.