The Worship Pastor will work closely with the pastoral staff, Campus Pastor and Lead Pastor in organizing, leading and developing the corporate and various worship ministries of Fellowship Bible Church. This is a full-time position that will report directly
to the Gardner Campus Pastor.
He must be spiritually mature. As a pastor of FBC he must meet the qualifications set out in 1Timothy 3 and Titus 1. He should be humble, detail oriented, and team-oriented in his approach to ministry as well as being a person who can both provide and
follow leadership. He must possess excellent musical abilities, administrative abilities and leadership competencies to lead worship, build teams, teach skills and shepherd people. Some form of musical training (bachelor’s degree or worship training school)
with previous worship leading experience required.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
Organize and oversee corporate worship services
- Lead corporate weekend worship services at Gardner Campus while occasionally leading at the Baldwin City Campus.
- Coordinate worship services with his technical staff.
- Draft worship schedules and set-lists for all services and special events in Planning Center.
- Work with the Gardner Campus Pastor to ensure adequate equipment for all worship ministries.
Lead worship staff and team
- Lead and shepherd worship team volunteers.
- Oversee and direct worship team practices.
- Continually cast big-picture vision to worship volunteers.
- Identify, recruit and develop leaders, musicians and vocalists for the FBC worship team.
- Train new musicians.
- Champion worship throughout the church, especially as it relates to music.
Develop the worship ministries and personnel of FBC
- Organize and facilitate training sessions and seminars for the growth of worship team members.
- Arrange and if possible, write, worship songs for the worship services of FBC.
- Identify and develop worship team leaders on all FBC campuses.
- Enhance and expand the repertoire of music and worship arrangements.
The Worship Pastor will assist the Lead Pastor in fulfilling the mission and initiatives of Fellowship Bible Church.