The Executive Pastor is asked to shepherd God’s people, working closely with the Lead Pastor and the Elder Board as he assumes the responsibility to administrate and execute the ministries of the church in alignment with the mission and vision of Grace Point. Primary areas of responsibility are pastoral leadership, strategic planning, financial management, business administration, human resources, operations management, and organizational development.
- Ensure that prayer is maintained as a high priority in the church.
- Lead the pastors, staff, and ministry lay-leaders to constantly seek the Lord through prayer.
2. Equipping and Overseeing
Pastors and Staff
- Weekly oversight, mentoring, accountability, and support for Pastors / Directors (apart from the Lead Pastor).
- Ensure pastoral staff is leading ministries in concert with the mission and vision of Grace Point.
- Equip, supervise, and review all office support staff.
- Recommend to the Elder Board the establishment or discontinuation of all paid positions.
- Oversee the hiring and dismissal of non-Pastor/Director staff positions.
- Oversee a Life Group Leadership Team that will ensure health and growth of the small group ministry of Grace Point.
- Provide leadership, training, and direction to the Deacon Board in partnership with the Elder assigned to Deacon oversight. Ensure they are functioning in unity as a body under the authority of the Elder Board.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all of our adult ministry teams (i.e. Men’s Ministry, Women’s Ministry, Stephen Ministry, Adult Bible Fellowships [ABFs], etc.). This includes being available for and communicating with all of the ongoing ministry teams, ensuring that they are being effective and holding to their original purpose. This also includes coming alongside any new ministry teams in their infancy to ensure that their purposes line up with the mission, vision and core values of Grace Point.
- Provide leadership to the church Treasurer and oversee the annual budget process.
3. General Leadership / Shepherding
- Provide for Pastoral counseling as able. (Refer to outside counseling as needed.)
- Provide oversight for weddings, baby dedications, grief counseling, and funerals as able.
- Partner with Elders and others within the body for care for the sick, needy, and home-bound.
- Participate in occasional preaching in coordination with the Lead Pastor.
- Must meet the biblical qualifications listed in 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Must be a good example of a godly servant-leader and maintain proper motives in his ministry. (1Peter 5:1-4)
- Must be gifted by God to fulfill his leadership role as a pastor-administrator who is seeking to equip the saints for service. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- Must deeply love God and sincerely cultivate his relationship with the Lord. (Mark 12:30; John 15:4-5; 21:15-17)
- Must have five or more years of experience in an administrative pastor or executive pastor role.
- Experience with oversight, accountability and leadership development of staff
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a ministry-focused major
- Experience coordinating and managing a church budget.
- A strong vision for discipleship
- A demonstrated ability to be a connector of people
- A track record of being a leader of leaders
- Must agree with and live out Grace Point’s Statement of Faith
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorStonehill Church
- Meridian, Idaho
- October 21
Executive Director of Creative ArtsCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Executive PastorHarvest Community Church
- Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- October 17
Administrative pastorLiberty Church
- Ozone Park, New York
- October 13
Executive PastorChurch of the Open Door
- Elyria, Ohio
- October 13