Lead the church to minister to preschool, children and families through Bible Fellowship, discipleship, mission’s education, workshops for parents and children, plus activities that strengthen relationships between children and their parents.
- Development of annual goals and strategies to grow the preschool and children ministry.
- Recommending and control all budget line items related to the Preschool and Children ministries.
- Creating new classroom units as they are needed throughout the year so that teacher-student ratios are kept at desirable levels.
- Enlistment of directors, teachers, and other key leaders in the preschool and children ministries of the church in coordination with Minister of Education and Nominating Committee.
- Develop relationships with other ministry leaders of the church.
- Provide training opportunities as needed.
- Make recommendations to the Minister of Education that would provide for a more effective ministry to children.
- Coordinate with the Minister of Education any possible programs that minister to the needs of today’s families with children, if time permits.
- Provide opportunities for families to interact together in recreational/leisure settings to foster the building up of relationships among family members.
- Coordinate children’s and preschool special events including Vacation Bible School and Trunk or Treat on October 31. This includes securing vendors, providing games and activities for children, and registering guests for the purpose of follow-up evangelistic
- Organize and supervise the current and proposed weekly ministries of Sunday Bible Fellowship, Kid’s Worship, and DiscipleKID. This may include serving as weekly leader in one or more of these ministries.
- Arrange, coordinate and attend summer camp annually with the children grade 3-6.
- Ensure that the ETC (extended care) director has adequate help on Sundays.
- The Minister of Preschool/Children’s Ministries may be called upon to perform duties not mentioned above and is expected to perform other duties as assigned by the Education Pastor or the Pastor.
- Expected to follow the policies and procedures found in the church’s Personnel Manual.
- Attendance at all church worship services is expected.
Education and Experience:
The Director of Preschool/Children’s Ministries should have adequate education, training and experience to accomplish his or her ministry responsibilities.