Please apply here: http://bit.ly/2cpyM5x
We inspire people from diverse journeys to discover a growing fulfillment in Jesus.
Valley View Church has a passion for sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with people that are hurting and in need of a Savior. The church was organized in 1940, where the first services were held in a small building with 21 charter members. Today, Valley
View has a debt-free campus of 35-acres and a sanctuary that seat nearly 1,500 attendees. With three Sunday service times, as well as small groups and ministries, it is easy to get plugged in with what is going on at Valley View. The church is associated with
the Long Run Baptist Association, the Kentucky Baptist Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention, because of their strong cooperation with and emphasis on sharing Christ.
The Middle School Pastor will maintain oversight of the spiritual growth and development of students in grades 6-8. This individual will have primary responsibility to create, and execute, excellent and sustainable weekly programs and periodic special events
such as camps, retreats, service projects, etc., specifically for Middle School students and their families. While providing dynamic on-campus programming, the Middle School Pastor will also place an important emphasis on equipping parents to be the primary
faith trainer of their own children. This will involve serving with the larger Generations Team to execute VVC’s greater discipleship strategy to reach all generations, and restore the home in God’s image.
The successful candidate for this position will be equipped with a master’s degree or will be in pursuit of one in a related field. The ideal prospect will possess:
- A minimum of two years in full time, student ministry experience in a leadership role.
- Proven success in ministry program planning, implementation, and execution.
- An exceptional ability to work well within a staff group environment.
- A drive to meet and exceed personal and professional standards of productivity.
- Demonstrated stewardship in ministry budget management.
- Capability of inspiring individuals, teams, volunteers, students, and parents, to achieve a standard of excellence through a collaborative effort.
- The ability to teach develops strategy, solve problems, manage conflict, and exhibit strong leadership skills.
- An outstanding ability to handle conflict, and coach both students and student-parent relationships with truth and grace.
- A high energy, positive attitude, enjoys and exhibits a calling to work with students and adults.
- Execute the faith in home strategy for middle school.
Louisville is the largest city in Kentucky and the 27th largest city in the United States. It is the most accessible region in the country, and one of the oldest in the nation. Louisville’s economy has been tied from the early days to its business sector.
The city is home to the annual Kentucky Derby, the denominational headquarters for the Presbyterian Church of USA, and Fortune 500 companies such as Papa John’s Pizza, General Electric (GE), Ford Motors, Amazon, UPS Airlines, Texas Roadhouse, and Yum Brands
(owners of KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell). One the nation’s largest health insurance companies, Humana, and the Muhammad Ali Center featuring boxing memorabilia of the home town legend also call Louisville home. The area around Valley View Church (called Valley
Station) is predominately a blue-collar, middle-income community. The University of Louisville is the major institution of higher education in the city, but there are a number of other colleges and graduate schools in the area as well, including the Southern
Baptist Theological Seminary (Southern Baptist). The public schools of Louisville are all about school choice options for children that vary from science and arts, to magnet schools. Ranking in the Top 5 in the nation for offering cleanest water, the city
is abounding with cultural activity, and outdoors recreation, offering something for everyone.
Please apply here: http://bit.ly/2cpyM5x